My boyfriend slept with a stripper 3 days before we started dating... I can't get over it! Help!!!?

So here's the story... I met my boyfriend while he was in my hometown on a poker trip. I was his bartender and he asked me out. We have been together ever since. Well, the first night I met him, I overheard him on the phone with a friend telling them about some slut that he had slept with a few nights prior.... show more So here's the story... I met my boyfriend while he was in my hometown on a poker trip. I was his bartender and he asked me out. We have been together ever since. Well, the first night I met him, I overheard him on the phone with a friend telling them about some slut that he had slept with a few nights prior. I still went out with him anyway knowing this because #1) free basketball playoff ticket and #2) I knew I wouldn't sleep with him anyway so I figured what the hell. Well, as I said, we have been together ever since. I know that he loves me and all his friends and family tell me he has never even dated a girl long enough to be this serious and that they have never seen him so in love and happy. I am in love too, but the problem is that the conversation I overheard about him sleeping with someone never left my mind. I had asked him several times before to explain who the girl was and he would just reply with "I was drunk and don't really remember." So finally, after almost a year, I demanded he tell me the truth. He ended up telling me that he went to a strip club with his poker buddy and a stripper came home with them. Since his friend fell asleep, he drunkenly had sex with her. He says they never spoke again and he didn't give her money nor did he even get her number. Like I said, this incident happened a few days before I even met him. The problem is that my entire perception of my boyfriend has changed now. I broke up with him, but now don't know if I should take him back because I really do love him with all my heart and know he loves me. Does anyone else have a similar situation? Even though it happened before we met, I can't look at him the same and I can't look at myself the same. It makes me feel like less of a person that he would sleep with someone like that. Any advice would be much appreciated as I can't sleep or eat and am very upset over the whole thing. Will I get over it eventually? HELP!!! Thank you!
Update: To some of the responses, I guess what I'm saying is that maybe it doesn't matter if she was a stripper or a waitress, but it's the fact that I feel he was on this trip to play poker and to get ***... and I just happened to not give him any!