In what ways is Noah's Ark a typology or picture of Jesus Christ?

Bro Spdcp, haha, feel free to answer this question to your heart's content. Let the Lord lead you and guide you in your answer. May your answer be an edification and encouragement to the rest of us, together with our brethren who have answered or will be answering the question. God bless you.

Favorite Answer

There is a wonderful story hidden within the Flood that happened in the Old Testament.

Here's a little Background info..

In the line of Jesus, the first man was Adam, followed by Seth, then Enosh, Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech and Noah.

This is what happened. The devil knew Jesus would come from Eve, he just didnt know when.. So he tried to stop Jesus from coming through Eve by getting Cain to kill Abel, the one he thought God favored. But God had a plan that was Seth. So the devil tried to corrupt the earth by getting his angels to sleep with the women, and he almost succeeded... the whole earth except for Noah and his family had fallen... Then God decided to send the flood. But He didnt do it immediately... If we count the years Methuselah lived, we find that the flood came about the time he died...

Methuselah's name means "his death will bring".. I find it very encouraging that God made Methu the longest living man to ever walk the earth.. In that way the flood was postponed for the longest possible time...

So why Noah? Why not Enoch? since he was good enough to be raptured? Again, a study on the names is called for.

If we look at all the meanings of the names from Adam up till Noah, we find the Gospel. Let me illustrate.

Hebrew = English

Adam = Man

Seth = Appointed

Enosh = Mortal

Kenan = Sorrow

Mahalalel = The Blessed God

Jared = Shall come down

Enoch = Teaching

Methuselah = His death shall bring

Lamech = The Despairing

Noah = Comfort (or Rest)

Put them all together and we have : Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.”

Isnt that describing our Lord Jesus?

Next, we look at the materials. God said : Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch…You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third decks. Genesis 6:14 ~16

Wood in the Bible always represents man. The hebrew word "pitch" or "tar" is "Kaphar".. which is is used in the Bible 72 times to mean "blood sacrifice", except for 1 time, when it is used in the Ark...

The many rooms represent the many denominations of the Church today. Some say healing and prosperity is of God, some say only spiritual gifts are of God, but no matter lion nor lamb, all received salvation. Just that there were different rooms to avoid unnecessary fighting...

There is only 1 window, and it is placed high up near the roof. This is one of the more important truths of God. Dont look at your outside circumstances.. The world outside is in catastrophe, turmoil, nothing but death...Look UP, look to God instead... Amen?

Also, there is only 1 door, symbolizing only 1 way to salvation, through the Side. Jesus was pierced in His side, bringing forth water and blood.( died of a broken heart, so that our hearts would be whole)

Of all the secrets, this is my favourite.. While Noah and his sons were in the Ark, even if they fell, they fell IN the Ark, and not OUT of the Ark, they could pick themselves up and walk again IN the Ark... If i swapped Ark for Jesus and apply it to us : So long as I am IN Christ, if I fall, I fall IN Christ, not OUT of Christ, and I can pick myself up and continue to walk IN Christ.. Not many people can live with that.. too easy they say... but thats the truth!

And finally, after the flood was gone, the place they landed on, the mountain Ararat. Even this has revelation. "Arar" means Curse.. "Ararat" means " Curse is reversed"

God reversed our curse, when Jesus was on the cross.. And the FINALE! God set a rainbow in the sky. In revelations 10:1, there is a many membered body of Christ, with 1 foot on land, another in the sea, and a rainbow around His head. This symbolizes a "NO JUDGEMENT" mentality! It has all been removed thanks to Jesus's ONE sacrifice for ALL...

"It is to the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of Kings to seek it out. "

May Peace and Rest hunt you down and overtake you, in Jesus name, amen

Source(s): http://compassiondave.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/noa... I had lost my notes, but thankfully, a brother/sister had them posted up on their blog ^^

Consider the state of wickedness of the people in the days of Noah. The people had all rebelled against the word of God as spoken by Noah, the current prophet. The situation was so bad that God could not let His children come to earth any more because it was impossible for them to grow up in righteousness. Therefore, he cleaned the slate and started fresh with Noah's family. Now, what is to become of all the people that died in the flood? Are they to be condemned to hell because they never knew about the gospel plan? No, that would be unjust on the part of God to condemn some of His children when they had no way of knowing about God's plan for them. Therefore, he sent His son, Jesus Christ, to preach to the spirits in prison, that they might then be able to repent and accept the gospel plan. God provided a way for all of His children, ancient and modern, to hear the gospel plan. Thus, all will have the opportunity to accept or reject that message. The people of Noah's day needed the message and the people of today that live and die in countries that know not God, also need the message. If they don't receive it here, they will receive it in the spirit world to come.

Noah's ark typifies the body of Jesus. Those who were saved from judgment of the flood entered the ark with Noah and his family. Those saved then included all created beings. Similarly all creation were saved in the body of Jesus when His body was judged and punished on the cross. So salvation for all creation was obtained in the ark and in the body of Jesus. God bless you.

He lifts us up from the flood of iniquity that would try to consume us and keeps us safe from all the dangers around us, and shows us his miracles while saving us from the wicked and will bring us into a new place where we can start over. All things are new in Christ (II Cor. 5:17). His mercies are new every morning. Great is his faithfulness. (Lam. 3:22-23). When the wicked came upon us to eat up our flesh, they stumbled and fell. The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid. (Ps. 27) We shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

The Ark was to save people from imminent danger,that is the floods.and the rains and the wrath of God,we are the body of Christ,by faith in him we have overcome the world,though we live in the world,we are not of the world,when the floods come he raises up a standard of his spirit,much waters can not sweep us away,at his world ,then I'm reminded of this,when I see the blood then I will pass over you,and safe in the arms of Jesus.when the floods came down the ark descended with it and landed safely in Armenia near Singapore.and the scripture says he will come ,rapture the saints,keep them from the great tribulation,and finally descend with them to come and set up a holy republic here on earth. oh hallelujah.

The Ark came from the grace of God to spare the righteous from the judgment upon wicked.

Jesus Christ will return before the Great Tribulation to spare the righteous from the judgment upon the wicked.

Rapture I believe is one of the many aspects to this wonderful history comparison to the Lord as well as many of the other great answers above me....Great thing about the Bible...every detail is in there for a reason...and every page has Jesus all over it...Praise His Blessed name...

Source(s): God Bless you brother Spdcp J, that was such a blessing, somethings I had never heard before...God is so good Praise His Holy Name!
  • ;)

Can i just say what great answers : ) i can't do any better so i'm just going to say: i especially love 'seekfind's' answer - God loved all His creation so much He included the animals too, and not only for food, but to bless us with His *awesomeness and glory* - and to bless us with their beauty - this makes me love God even more that all life is valued by Him. . .(that's what i get from his answer anyway) : )

~~~~~~

I'll come back to read Spd's - looks interesting!

Noah represents Christ, the ark represents the new covenant and the flood represents the our sins. But when we are in the new covenant, we can rise above our sins and are carried safely to new spiritual ground.

Jesus is our Ark of safety from the storms of this life. : )