Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

關於degree入學問題 (20 點)

Hello everyone,

I am confused about study program .

I am almost 27 years Old. my qualification is around.. Year 2 in US university (

I studied a program around 2005 and it was a 2 +2 program , you spend 2 years studying in HK then spend another 2 years to finish your degree in Western Michigan University )

I didn't have much money by then. So I didn't go overseas and most of my old classmates are back from the US this year .

I want to get myself a degree.

But I don't know which way to go .

My last semester GPA is only 2.36

I am looking into city U program, bachelor program and also, top up degree.

the thing is top up degree is more expensive but less time. maybe 1 year or 2 I can finish it.

if local degree ( it takes three years ) not to say I am not 100% confidence They will accept me .

do you think Top up degree is acceptable in HK ? but i see most top up degree is taught in local U, but the degree is given from overseas university .

or should I start from associate degree again ? but that will spend many more years.

this year I will be 27. if take 3 years to finish degree, then that means 30 years old?

please give me some advise , thanks in advance

Ps. I am interested in psychology , or communication .

I studied 2 years in that WMU program . if i went to Michigan that time, I only need another 2 years to finish it.

so what position I am in now?

any help would be greatly appricated



thank you so so much for your answer.

it helps a lot.

I am currently looking into BA program from City U. and I know my GPA isn't that high so I am trying to apply as mature applicant.

Update 2:

I also looking into Top Up degrees ( it 's kinda expensive )

hopefully they will accept my applications.

local Uni 's program . if not I will also try Top Up degree as my last resource.

Update 3:

local Uni 's program . if not I will also try Top Up degree as my last resource.I will also look into Open U as well .

Update 4:

your last quote makes absolute sense

''knowledge can improve your competence. Knowledge is an effective way to change your fortune. ''

As I am tired of feeling inadequate when it comes to seeing all my friends are getting a high pay jobs because they have degree.

Update 5:

As I am tired of feeling inadequate when it comes to seeing all my friends are getting a high pay jobs because they have degree.

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    American programs are normally four years. So, you have completed half of the program. In Hong Kong, university degrees are mostly three-year programs. So, they may grant you one and a half year exemption. For example, if a program has 24 subjects, then they may grant you exemption up to a max of 12 subjects. However, your GPA is a bit low, and this will affect the number of subjects to be exempted.

    Of course, top up degrees are acceptable in HK. Usually, these top up degrees are offered by overseas universities. However, if you are worrying about their recognition, you should apply for those overseas programs jointly offered by local universities, such as city univ. Certainly, if they are professional courses, such as accounting, law, you still need to pass local professional exams so as to join as a member of local professional body such as HKSociety of Accountants or Law Society.

    Or, you can apply for programs offered by local universities. They will probably accept you in the second year by providing subjects exemption to you. Usually, you pay the tuition fee per subject you will study. If you think you are too old to study full time, then you can apply for part-time programs.

    You are interested in psychology or communication, and these programs are offered by almost all universities in hk.

    You should not worry about your age. You are now 27 and this could not be changed. So, simply go to choose a program by considering what you want to study, which university to enter, and whether I can afford to pay.

    I have some relatives who started their first degree at the age of 30 or higher. They are now 40 to 50 and have a good job. In contrast, I have some relatives who do not have a first degree and up till now they are low pay workers.

    Be advised that knowledge can improve your competence. Knowledge is an effective way to change your fortune.

    2009-02-23 15:00:46 補充:

    Thanks for agreeing with my comments.

    You should also try Baptist Univ and PolyU as they are at the same level as CityU. Open Univ's degrees should be good choice too.

    Source(s): Personal knowledge, Personal knowledge
  • 1 decade ago

    Hi! Actually I am working in a US university office in HK.Our school provides bacheloar programme in HK for 7 majors.

    For your case, I would say you can transfer all your credits if you have your transcripts on your hands. If you can do so. Probably you would only need to take 1 or 2 years time to finish your degree.

    Its much cheaper than top up degree. I think for your case, if you have take so many credits, the price should be less than 60k HK dollars after credits exemptions.

    If you would like to know more you may contact me at

    2009-02-27 17:13:38 補充:

    Assessment for Credit Exemptions is totally free of charge.

    You can make your decision after you know how many credits you can exempt & how much tution fee you need to pay

  • 1 decade ago

    I GHGHG GYSG dsahkj hwkjahdaskhu hkjhkjsdjsgshdaj jshjd d da dskhkkd njdhsj jdka nmdfnjdd sajdhbas kasdjskl haskjsahkn s, kdm as m nkakdsakj as m abn kas,d asdas,.do a,dasn damnh dadjsabd asb a shas jdoasuioaskln kl jdoaaop diasdj osdjkladjas jasiod,asmsk ;asdjaskln oasljnd skan isa , fkasd d asd sa das fas g a sfa tfasf as g ts fsd g sdf gsd g s gsd g s f zsf唔明你UP乜

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.