Overcoming obstacles; Tattoo?

My life has had its ups and downs. and in the past few months it has all been going downhill. I thought for once in my life I was finally happy with life, and I lost the one person I thought I could always count on. As well as many of my friends, who seem to just betray me. Also a bunch of bad things just kept happening over and over..

But this month something finally hit me. I was sick of crying and being alone. I've reconnected with my true friends, the ones who have been there for me forever. And I realized I don't need other people to dictate my life. For once in my life I am happy with everything, and happy with myself, and who I am becoming.. It's all kind of hard to explain in this little thing and I'm sure you all are sick of reading it.

But all in all, I'm going through a self discovery. And this sense of happiness with life in the past month or so. I want a tattoo to describe overcoming my depression, anxiety, and all around "tough times." I believe I am a stronger person now, and I want my first tattoo to show that. I think this is the best time to get a tattoo, and I also want it to be completely perfect to how I am feeling. If anyone has any suggestions it would be great to hear them ! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Have you ever thought those obstacles may very well be stepping stones instead of stumbling blocks.Maybe you could incorporate that idea into your tattoo

Source(s): I'm old
  • ?

Tattoos For Overcoming Obstacles

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Overcoming obstacles; Tattoo?

My life has had its ups and downs. and in the past few months it has all been going downhill. I thought for once in my life I was finally happy with life, and I lost the one person I thought I could always count on. As well as many of my friends, who seem to just betray me. Also a bunch of bad...

Source(s): overcoming obstacles tattoo: https://tr.im/G3mHC

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awIE0

I have a pink ribbon with the words 'beat the odds' and my aunts birthday under.. It was for her to symbolize the strength that I admire her so much for having even while the odds were stacked against her :) Depending on what youve personally overcome this will have different meaning. Under my chest piece I have ' you may say I'm a dreamer' to me it just means even though alot of people doubted me I made it and my dreams are now reality.. My bicep says stronger than ever and I have a shiit ton more ink that has meaning lol

Happy to hear you are feeling good now.

Have a look at the overcome tattoo and the life tattoos at http://www.shegsy.com/flash.html

Hope it helps.

Kind regards

• Jay

There's this song called "A Better Son/Daughter" that I think you would completely relate to. Here's the song on Youtube. I have no idea what the video is; someone just stuck the song on a bunch of random clips of some show and put it on Youtube. The song's great though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fFqkVxxZc

Youtube thumbnail

Anyway, the point is, I plan on getting a part of that song tattooed on my collarbones. Specifically:

"Your ship may be coming in,

You're weak but not giving in

To the cries and the wails of the valley below.

And your ship may be coming in,

You're weak but not giving in,

And you'll fight it.

You'll go out fighting all of them."

That's a bit long, so I will most likely just get the first part, "Your ship may be coming in, you're weak but not giving in to the cries and the wails of the valley below."

See if you can take inspiration from a song or something.

I once heard a quote "The Obstacle is the Path"... It really struck a cord with me.