Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage The Leaders Of The Republican Party?

Favorite Answer

Michael Savage is definitely not the leader of the GOP. In fact, if you ever bothered to listen to his show, you will find that he has been a huge critic of George W. Bush and the Republican Party.

As for the Pill Popper, he is not a leader, but with his ratings and number of listeners he has some pull.

Source(s): Michael Savage listener

NO!

Rush is an info-tainer (my word, pretty good huh?) I don't hear much Savage and he seems more militant than Rush. I find that most people who criticise Rush don't listen and don't like him so they often get him wrong. Although that is understandable, I don't like to listen to most of the media because they are and have been pro-democrat for at least the last 38 years (that is how long I have noticed and that is supported by polling data especially the Rothman/ Lichter survey). None the less, I do not think Rush is fully representative of the Republican Party nor the Conservative Party. I am a Conservative and Rush and I agree on maybe 50-60%. I agree with Republican maybe slightly less than that. The beauty, to me, in being Conservative is an attitude about individual freedom verses government mandate and control. I believe governing and controlling my self and making wise choices for my self. Rush has the right to his opinion and the right to voice his opinion the same as any democrat politician, educator (they actually don't have as much right to an opinion as you may think, as state employess and union members) or any other media person. People should listen to opposing viewpoints and not automatically reject someone's ideas because they don't agree or don't like them and especailly because they are told they "shouldn't listen to that person". I simply hear to much of that! One has to tune Rush in to get his ideas but just walking through the TV depatment at a store or looking at a newspaper while in line at a store or having a good song end on the radio when the news comes on and you get the democrat news so I find that somewhat unfair as it were, but that's the breaks. Opinion is opinion it is not intelligence, many opinions have been later proved wrong or it could be said they fall out of favor. So, the more open to ideas a party or a government is, the more leaders it will have, the more leaders it has the less power each of those leaders will have. That was what was great about out Country these past 233 years, as of right now I fear we have too few leaders!

Savage is not a republican and does not claim to be. He is a independent conservative and blasts republicans just as much as democrats for the most part. if you dont agree with that its because you dont really listen to his show, only read what others say about him.

Rush and Hanity are mouthpieces for the republican party. They have to be or prominent replublicans wont go on their shows.

If they institute the fairness doctrine they should apply it to TV broadcasts too. otherwise it would not be very "fair."

Source(s): Politically, Limbaugh remained loyal for much of President Bush's tenure, but after the GOP lost both houses of Congress in 2006, he declared himself "liberated," saying the Republicans had "let us down" and that "I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried." http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=rush+l...

Michael savage is not and never has been a republican. He is a independent Conservative. He dislike's bush as much as he dislikes obama lama ding dong. now for rush limbaugh might be, i don't know where he stands because i don't lisn to him. Good luck and never trust the government.

Source(s): Man for 27 years. Army for 7 of them.

No. You know nothing about Michael Savage if you think that he is a Republican. Try listening to him, you might learn something.

Rush Limbaugh is awesome, and yes, he is the soul of the republican party..Savage is kind of whacked out..he makes some great points, but he's way too emotional and hot headed...Rush's commentary is well thought out and extremely entertaining to listen to..and he angers liberals like nobody else can...they banned me from listening to it at work because all my neo-marxist co-workers complained so much..

• T S

Savage has little sway among Republicans. Rush on the other hand does have a lot of sway among Conservatives, whom make up the majority of the Republican Party. I still wouldnt call him a leader of the Party though.

No,Is Arianna Huffington one of the leaders for the Democrat party?

• Sunnie

Not now, not ever. But they are good at getting people riled up enough to perhaps get some of the cobwebs out of their upstairs closet and begin thinking a little.

no they are not they are an alternative view and i listen to them daily

because i like both sides of a story not just watch msnbc