IPOD NANO HELP PLEASE (MY IPOD NOT WORKING)?

ok before my ipod stoped working it keept freezing and stuff and shutting off i went to put it on the charger last night the light blinked on and off (it was shuting on and off) then it stoped now it wont go on at all im really upset bc this was a xmas gift and my grandma got it for me but she lost the resipt can... show more ok before my ipod stoped working it keept freezing and stuff and shutting off i went to put it on the charger last night the light blinked on and off (it was shuting on and off) then it stoped now it wont go on at all im really upset bc this was a xmas gift and my grandma got it for me but she lost the resipt can anyone think of wat this problem might be
Update: IT WONT GO ON AT ALL EVEN IF I PLUG IT IN
Update 2: and i tryed reseting it
Update 3: its not on hold cuz mine is the ipod nano Apple Ipod Nano 3rd Generation
Update 4: AND NOW I FORGET WERE I PUT IT >_< THIS SUCKS I WAS LOOKING AT THE BATTERY SO LIKE I FOUND THE METAL PART xD BUT YEAH THIS TOTALY SUCKS I JUST LOOKED EVERYWERE I THOUGHT I PUT IT I HOPE I DIDNT THROW IT OUT