Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

WHat is life about? For me, it's nothing.?

Ok, what the hell is the point of life? Why should I look forward to life? All I do is study, get on my pc, play video games, and worry about money. What the hell?! What is going to change? Getting a job, wow, how exciting is that? Work, sleep, same thing over and over...what is the point of living? I'm beginning to feel that my life has no purpose at all. Jesus, maybe it's all the drugs I'm taking. Tramadol, Stattera, and caffeine. I'm losing my mind yo...I'm pissed off all of the time...I hate everything..I don't want to do anything but sleep. I'm so irritated with society when I go out. I'm so sick of seeing people happy with girlfriends and money...I'm just sick of it all...I'm really reaching the breaking point...I just want to give up on school and life...but for some reason I can't...even though I know I have nothing to look forward to. WTF?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

do what i did.

stop caring. do what you like to do. whether that be smoke weed all day or travel the world. you are right-there is nothing to look forward to in life. people lie. no one's really happy unless they do nothing to achieve that happiness.

in retrospect, our lives are the equivalent to a blink of an eye, nothing compared to the infinite amount of time that is the universe. our lives mean absolutely nothing. the point is that you're living. so stop living in preparation for what is to come. live in the moment and enjoy life to it's fullest.

our lives have no purpose when you factor in time and universe. so f*ck it, yes? go out there and f*ck up, and have fun while doing it. that, my friend, is the point of life. the meaning. why we exist. to f*ck up and have fun doing it.

none of its going to matter when we're dead, right? so why not make the best of life?

that's my philosophy, a bit twisted in the minds of elders. (and in the mind of my therapist. haha.) but i do sincerely believe what i say.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Just roll with it. Life does not have to have any specific meaning. We were not put here for any specific reason. In fact we were not PUT here at all. We were born, and if you look back far enough, you will realise the fact that YOU (and everybody else) being born was just a random event. The same random event that caused your cat or your dog to be born. There is no purpose but the one YOU make, or don't make. Enjoy, without spoiling anyone else's enjoyment.

• 1 decade ago

It could be your drugs.. talk to your doctor.

But seriously, why don't you give it meaning? Go out and do what YOU want to do. What have you always wanted to do? Go do that. Right now. Don't wait. You know that stupid saying that you could die tomorrow, well you COULD. And you WILL die eventually. Why not make it worth living? We don't last very long anyways.. It might not be very "practical" but then again what is money.. just paper. Find out why you want to live. Appreciate beauty in everything around you. Love yourself and others.

I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like there is no point to anything, like living. I try to look at everyday like an adventure. I go out and do things on impulse, I tell people what I would tell them if I was going to die tomorrow. It might not be the "safest" policy but hell, it is fun, and it gives me some meaning at least.

Trust me, I KNOW it's sooo much easier said than done. But if you want something changed, YOU have to change it. There's nothing I can say that can give your life meaning, you have to find that on your own. Focus on what makes you happy for now. Good luck.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

WHat is life about? For me, it's nothing.?

Ok, what the hell is the point of life? Why should I look forward to life? All I do is study, get on my pc, play video games, and worry about money. What the hell?! What is going to change? Getting a job, wow, how exciting is that? Work, sleep, same thing over and over...what is the point of...

Source(s): life 39 nothing: https://shortly.im/7bGzY
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I feel you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I had to do is FORCE myself to get out of the frigin house. Do something....anything. I know everyone sucks, right? Well, the probably do. But at least go out and laugh about it. Try to force yourself to involved in things you didn't think you liked. Go to the mountains. Thats what I did.

The more you sit in your house and hang out in cyberspace, and game world, you gonna hate everything. I threw out my TV, limit my time on this crap, and play different games, like Magic the Gathering.

It's pretty cool actually. I can say I am a little more happier then I have ever been in my life. And I thought exactly the way did about a year ago.

Good Luck! And get out!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know exactly how you feel. The answer---get out more. What did it for me was something as simple as walking to the library and reading a little. I didn't talk to anybody, just exposed myself to the public eye a little. Yet by the time I got home, it was spectacular how such an experience had transformed me. Good luck! =D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Life is short and death is forever. Live life your way and forget what everyone else thinks. Don't let anyone tell you you're wrong, you're stupid, you're on the wrong path, or that you can't do something.

• 1 decade ago

Don't ever ask someone else. Life is what you make of it. It means everything you believe it does so take responsibility for your own suffering.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ok after your pity party go out start making changes in your life. You just need to get out of the slump and start making things happen for yourself.

• 1 decade ago

Look deep down inside, the answer is there, if you can find peace in life, good things are to come :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.