Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What To Get For First Car Help?

Need some ideas for my first car something cheap for insurance.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • hamn
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually the 1997 & up models are pretty good first cars.

Check out the:

Acura CL

Toyota Corolla/Echo

Toyota Camry

Honda Civic/Accord

Nissan Sentra

Ford Focus

Geo PRISM

If you generally keep your costs under 10,000 dollars, and don't get anything too powerful or 2 door, your insurance should be fine as long as you kept those grades up.

I highly recommend a 2001 4 door Honda Civic- you can find one for about 6,000 dollars and its a GREAT car.

If you want even cheaper insurance, check out a 97-02 toyota Corolla. They're not as stylish as the Civic, but they're super reliable, and uber cheap on insurance.

• 1 decade ago

well if u are a young driver insurance isnt gonna be cheap!! but i suggest getting a older car so that ur insurance isnt alot im 19 and pay 80 dollars a monh bkuz i own a 1984 olds. other than that the new model of the car and da younger the driver the more its gonna cost.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get an air cooled VW beetle or bus, just make sure you check everything on it. Everyone loves these cars and those who say they don't haven't ever driven one.

Source(s): Experience in driving around in an old beetle.
  • 1 decade ago

Any small 4 cyl. basic auto, domestic or import.

Source(s): experience
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.