Why the anger and intolerance for the mother of the octuplets?

The other women that have had fertility drugs,and 6, 7 babies,they were treated well by the media and the companies,this lady seems meek ,and in need of help.What's wrong with her and her children,that they are so hated?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Those babies will have MILLIONS of dollars of healthcare and education expenses. Underweight, premature babies like those will have scores of complications, developmental disorders, health problems. She purposely brought them into the world with severe issues and disadvantages, all to assuage HER needs.

It is one of the most uncaring, self-centered acts I've seen.

And her fertility doc should go to jail for child endangerment. After all, we're all going to pay for mom and her sick, disabled children - we might as well pick up the costs of an orange jumper and 3 meals per day for the fertility doctor who made it all happen.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She's admitted she had problems growing up as an only child (no excuse). She is getting ALOT of money from taxpayers. She is living with her elderly mother who has to look after 14 children. The fact that she wanted a whole bunch of kids as a single mum, and is more excited now at having a whole football team, how is she going to manage that? It has been said all 8 were implanted at the same time, and this is something that is not done, so chances were she knew she was going to have 8 more, not 1.

How can anyone see this as normal? Sure it's good to be a mother, but in a world where things are going backwards and resources are going low, wouldn't it be more loving to stick to the SIX you already have and not add more into the decline of the earth?

Just a thought.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wondered the same thing: 1st, she deliberatly had more than 8 fertilized embryo's implanted in her womb. Including her 6 other chidlren and accounting for her insurance copay she paid about 100,000 for the services accordng to her PR firm (which quit).

Then on top of that she has no job, no money, no husband, and the sperm was donated by a man who evidently signed a document relieving him of paternal responsibility, and she lives whith her Mother who is 20,000 behind on her mortgage and going into foreclosure. Before she had about a dozen embryos implanted in her in an attempt to have a multiple birth, she already had 6 kids, 2 of whom are disabled and receive SSI, and she receives over $400 in food stamps.

Perhaps if she had 1 baby or even 2 no one would care, but deliberatly implanting over a dozen embryos in an attempt to break some sort of multiple birth record seems unconsciousable.

Those others Mom were just trying to get pregnant, and as a side affect had 3-8 babies. Opps! But Octuplet Mom did this on purpose and can't even pay for the delivery charge and NICU charges which using modest numbers will reach over $100,000.

• 1 decade ago

I think she is mentally ill. I also think she did this in a ploy to get money and notariety. Her own TV show. Etc. She just didn't realize in her glorious little plan that the media would really delve into who she really is and the irresponsible thing she has done. Furthermore, when she alone, as an individual, is costing the tax payers of California over ten million dollars for the births and NICU care ALONE, when we aren't even receiving tax rebate checks and the elderly and blind will stop receiving their aide just to survive -- it PISSES US OFF.

She has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Tax Payers in the State of California for over 10 years. How does she spend it? Since it's not actually putting a roof over her children's head -- her parents got that covered: with unethical implantation of six embryos where two split into twins, resulting in 8 babies. Not to mention the plastic surgery to make her resemble Angelina Jolie.

She lied about being a member of the Calvary Church, who don't know her. She clearly stated the people of her church would come and help her and help her to find housing: NOT!

She was irresponsible. She is a mooch. Her perfect plan was obviously flawed.

Should she be receiving death threats? No. IS she getting another cent out of me or my family? NO.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

What i'm attempting to choose is why somebody gave her invitro without a role do no longer you may desire to pay for that? I have not have been given any clue. properly she desires some type of funds and now that the media is going remote from her she needs to % out gentle her self a manner or the different and that i heard she would not communicate until eventually paid. Your suited nonetheless. i would not watch her instruct the two in all possibility for the comparable clarification why i ended gazing jon and kate because of the fact there in basic terms regarding the money and making use of there teenagers to make the money. EDIT* yet guess what as of suited now she is living off our tax funds. the place do you think of she is getting those diapers, i'm useful she has to apply the two formulation and breast milk that may not low priced of direction there is WIC yet i don't be attentive to if all states have that, clothing, costs, nutrition....the place is she getting the money for that...Welfare of direction.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

becasue the public must flit the bill.

here she goes and has more children than she can responsibly care for thus further contributing to the problems and financial troubles of an already problematic area.

she should put the children up for adoption and keep 1 or 2 AT MOST.

here- odds are becasue of public assistance laws, she will make out like a bandit on public tax dollars because of the number of children she had.

I realize there is a balancing act where she can't and shouldn't be restricted from having any kids- but lets be real here, is it too much to ask that someone be freaking RESPONSIBLE in this day and age?

• 1 decade ago

The woman already had six kids, no job, and no husband before she decided to bring eight more lives into the world to be supported by tax payers. Expecting the public to support six children on welfare is bad enough, but dumping fourteen of the little darlings on an already overstrained welfare system is an obscenity.

I think the answer to why she's not at the top of a lot of folks' popularity list ought to be pretty obvious.

• 1 decade ago

the other people that ended up with 6 or 7 babies did not have another 6 at home already and did not knowingly have 6 embryos implanted. She already was getting help paid from my taxes and deliberately went ahead and got more? Even if it was one more it would have been wrong but we would not have learned about it. This way we know. She has 0 income outside of what she gets from state and our taxes.

She definitely is in need of help. Psychiatric though.

Sadly we do need to help her, because there are 14 innocent lives that got into this world thanks to their mom being an irresponsible moron.

• 1 decade ago

Ok, seriously? There are much better things for news and media to be reporting than some lady with 14 kids. Seriously!?! I'm getting fed up with the fact that every day when I go to Yahoo!, I see her in the featured section. SERIOUSLY!? I'm mad at how much time they're spending on this! SERIOUSLY!?!?!? It's like when Nacy Grace (or w/e her name is) wouldn't stop covering the Natalie Halloway story for like...2 years. SERIOUSLY!?!

• 1 decade ago

The lady was hated, not the kids. She can't support them and her own mom doesn't think she can handle it. I think it was a poor decision to spend money to have another child, ending up with 8 was bad luck and now she has a lot of challenges to deal with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.