promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 decade ago

Diagnosed with Bronchitis, but now I'm coughing up blood mixed with my mucus?

is this normal after days of hard coughing.

Update:

my campus health services determined it was bronchitis yesterday and put me on mucinex and amoxicillian.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yup totally normal i use to get bronchitis all the time

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • abila
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Bronchitis Coughing Up Blood

• aymond
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Coughing Up Blood Mucus

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Diagnosed with Bronchitis, but now I'm coughing up blood mixed with my mucus?

is this normal after days of hard coughing.

Source(s): diagnosed bronchitis 39 coughing blood mixed mucus: https://tr.im/sGv07
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I once suffered from Chronic Bronchitis. I would suffer sometimes 3 to 4 times per year! Usually when there was a major change in the pressure outside (I live in the north, and the temperature spikes and dips do wonders to chronic sufferers of bronchitis!). Each time I would get horrible hacking coughs, hoarking up green phlegm..it was so frustrating!

The key to getting rid of your bronchitis is to find a way to completely eliminate the germs that are causing all the phlegm and irritation leading to your hoarking cough and heavy breathing. Keep reading to learn how to do kill these germs!!

This page it will change your life and make you feel 100% better within just 24 hours!

• 1 decade ago

It's normal. Do a search on bronchitis symptoms, and blood tinged mucus or mucus with what looks like 'stringy blood' is very common.

Just keep taking your antibiotics and it will clear up.

• 1 decade ago

The mucinex will help to loosen the phlegm so that your cough isn't so hard. If after a couple of days you are still coughing up blood you should go back to the doctor. I would ask for a chest x-ray. You want to make sure that it doesn't develop into pneumonia. Also, you should ask what type of cough syrup you can take in conjunction with the mucinex and the amoxicillian.

I hope you feel better.

Source(s): Previous experience with bronchitis.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, it is. I had bronchitis, really bad, and i coughed so hard, I had blod clots coming out. When I sneezed, there was blood in the mucus.

When you cough a lot for an extended amount of time, your throat gets irritated, and it can cause bleeding.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is it just little bits of blood? Like bright red blood? Or is it coughing up a lot of dark red blood? If its just little bits of blood, I wouldn't worry about it. Your throat is so torn up and sore that its normal for it to be bleeding just a little. I just got over bronchitis after having it for 3 weeks. It sucks.

• Lori J
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I currently have a sinus infection and bronchitis too. I hae had bronchitis many times and never coughed up any blood, I think you should just call your doc and ask the nurse if it is normal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes hard coughing may cause that. If you don't feel better in a day or 2 see your dr again. Also ask him to check for TB. This is very easy to pick up from some body. So be carefull.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.