Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Deron Williams or Christopher Paul...who had a better College Career?

They both had great College careers, I'm an Avid College Hoops fan so I watched both play for their respective schools.

Williams- 3rd pick overall in the 2005 draft

Paul-4h pick overall in the 2005 draft

Deron Williams led his team (Illinois) to the National Championship game against North Carolina. His team only had 1 loss the entire season.

Chris Paul won the National Freshmen of the year award, and in his Sophomore year won the ACC Player of the year.

In your opinion who did better in College?

Favorite Answer

Im goin to have to go with Chris Paul, even though i like Deron Williams better and think he is a little underrated, in college he had Dee Brown who was a Mcdonalds all american and he had luther head, while the best player that Chris Paul played with was Taron Downey, so Chris Paul get the nod except fpr his Julius Hodge lo blow.

• Rob K

Tough call. Chris Paul at the time, didn't have much around him on that Wake Forest team as Deron had on Illinois (Dee Williams, Augustin). However, you can't deny being the PG on a team who only lost one game, and that one game was the National Championship, I recall. Shame they did lose it too, that Tarheels team was over-rated. So close enough, I'll say Deron Williams.

In college id give the edge to Williams in Illinois i agree he had more help then Paul but what can you say a win is a win and they had alot of them

• CP3. He has less help because Deron had James Augustin, Dee Brown, and one other I can't remember.

Paul was glittered with personal awards even though Wake didnt go as far.

deron williams was better in terms of the team had a better ecord but was a slightly worse individual player. but dwill was great in college

CP3, he led Wake Forest to beat UNC that year and was freshmen of the year

d-will