Z0LA asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

Potential Uses of Ultrasound In a Car (Black Box)?

Hi I am currently putting a design proposal together for ultrasound usuage in Black Box technology- the ones that are used by insurance companies and crash investigation.

So far I have come up measuring road profile - which I input into a suspension simulator to give a view of suspension during travel. And sensor and transmitters to detect exactly where a crash occured.

I was going to have ultrasound to calculate speed but I realised the doppler effect cant really be used with 'on board' transmitter and receivers.

Are there any other possible uses? I dont think there are, but that means I have very little to investigate and talk about in my design proposal.

Thanks for any help.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I Don't know enough about ultrasound technology to give exact ideas, however, could it be used to measure how much the brakes actually move in comparison to pedal depression.

Meaning could a sensor, monitor brake movement and even brake pad thickness at the rotor? This info could signify if a problem occured in the braking system between the pedal and actual brake pad contact with the rotor.

The only other thing I could think of is to measure hand position on the steering wheel itself. which could give crash data as to body position comparable to injuries.

Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i've got by no ability heard of a Crash documents Recorder utilized in court docket, it is in simple terms a gadget used via the officer to help in the examine. i've got no longer heard of them being erroneous, do you have a hyperlink to a tale?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.