Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Has anyone here swayed their religious 'status' because of something they read on here?

Like, if a Christian read a really good answer by an atheist and then started questioning his/her religion... or vice versa.

FYI: I am an atheist and I havent been swayed, and I doubt many people have. I'm just curious.

Mawkish, if I may ask, what is that 'label'?

Favorite Answer

Well, when I first started exploring what I believed I came here to ask for advice. I listed what I believed was true and was told a religion that taught EXACTLY that. Spookey, but true. My beliefs haven't been swayed here, but the label I assign myself has.

EDIT: I'm a Theravada Buddhist (been practicing under that label for over a year now) :)

I have not swayed in my faith. I enjoy reading the challenges to my faith and testing their validity against my own beliefs. "What does not kill you only makes you stronger." I feel the responses I have read have made my faith stronger.

Although, I don't believe the answers here deserve most of the credit in this respect. I am Christian, but most of my friends in college were atheist or agnostic. They deserve the credit for making my faith stronger. I am also thankful that our difference in beliefs has not affected our friendship. I appreciate their respect for my beliefs, and I feel I owe them to return the favor.

Actually, yes I have.

I was agnostic when I started here. But after reading all of the illogical and irrational crap the theists yammer on about (mostly Christians) I finally realized that there is no possible way any invisible sky-fairy could exist.

I could never doubt God.

It just makes me really sad when people insult Him.

:(

I just sigh at the constant bickering.

no, but it's strengthened my belief that most atheists and christians are crazy.

It just strenghens my opinion that most of you are nuts