mexicans asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

It always looks like I'm frowning?

You know when the teacher's talking, and you're just sitting there? Yeah, well, apparently when I'm bored in that a situation like that, everything thinks I'm depressed because apparently if I don't put any expression on my face, it looks like I'm seriously depressed!! Apparently,my mouth starts frowning more than normal, but I don't even notice and I can't really help it! I try widening my eyes and trying to put on an expression, but I'd look stupid just randomly smiling! What do I do, and why does it always look like I'm frowning?

Favorite Answer

Well, the first thing you should do, as stupid as it sounds, keep a normal face in the mirror. Adjust it to make it look normal. Soon, you'll look like you are not depressed. The reason why you look depressed is probably because maybe a while ago you were always upset and always had a frown. After keeping the same face for a long time, it becomes your normal face. The same situation happened to me once, but it stopped.

• fallin

Frowning Lips

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

It always looks like I'm frowning?

You know when the teacher's talking, and you're just sitting there? Yeah, well, apparently when I'm bored in that a situation like that, everything thinks I'm depressed because apparently if I don't put any expression on my face, it looks like I'm seriously depressed!!...

Source(s): 39 frowning: https://tr.im/sFg2x

That happens to me every time, some say that I also look emo and that I hate life, but my mom says to put a little smile on, not a big one, and pull my eye brows up. If you're eyebrows are down, expression looks depressed. I don't know, I tried it and it worked, try practicing your little grin in the mirror just in case.

Source(s): My life, lol. :)
  • Sharon

I am the same way hon, but ever since i started wearig a bit of make up my problem was gone. Wear a little blush or bronzer, or both, put a lite lip gloss on, brighten yours eyes up with small amonts of eyeliner (only on top) or mascara. The main reason why I was like that was because I had a small wrinkle on my for head that I had but got rid of and I had no eyebrow ( they were really light blond). So i would say brightnen your face up. I hope I helped :)

Lol, I get that too sometimes. (: My smile is too cheesy. And I have a face of a bulldog whenever I put on a "blank" face. If they ask you again.. just make a silly face and then continue on with your little natural frown face again. They'll understand.

• ahah, I have the same problem. The teacher's always like "SMILE MORE". Just keep telling yourself to keep a happy look on your face. Eventually it'll stick in your mind and just be natural.

Good LUCK :D

Just open your eyes a little wider and purse your lips only a teeeeny tiny bit, it's easy and you don't look insanely happy, but you don't look sad either!

Try being more lucid. Instead of letting your mind drift away, and then overreacting to counter it, do this:

Stay conscious of what you are doing. Focus on your breathing in and out. Keep both feet planted to the ground, dont let them move around too much. Stay aware of what you are doing with your hands, are they playing with things? Try to keep your hands still.

Finally, when you have gained discipline over your body, stay aware of what you are doing with your face. Is it slipping away? If it is, gently reposition it, but dont overreact with some fake looking smile.

That can be hot, like the "you got control" look, lol. Just be yourself, who cares about what other people think. Also, lack of sleep can cause frowning.