Romeo and Juliet thingy (elizabethan English) BEST ANSWER GETS10 POINTS IMMEDIATELY!!!!?

I wrote a letter following the guidelines of one of my school assignments, and now need to translate it into Shakespearian English. I am clueless how to do this!! Its due TOMORROW!! AHHH!! I have been researching Elizabethan English translations for hours and have come up with nothing especially helpful. Here is my letter (I managed to translate the first sentence, but am now at a complete and total loss):

Dear Friar,

Hast thou noticed my Juliet’s queer behavior of late? She hath been answering me, and hath been of foul temperament. She looks at me as if I have somehow betrayed her, and has shut me entirely out of her life. I don’t understand what could have caused her to treat me so coldly. I have been nothing but a caring mother towards her. She also does not respond eagerly when I suggest her possible marriage to Lord Paris. If I didn’t know better, I would think that she doesn’t want to marry at all.

I know that she might not be ready to marry Lord Paris yet, due to her young age and innocence, but I was her age when I was married to my lord. I made a joyful bride and housewife, and am of the best family in Verona. Lord Paris is a respectable man with high status, and a respectable family as well. What more could I possibly give my dearest daughter? Does she not see that I only have her best interests at heart?

Ever since the party at which the Lord Paris tried to woo her, she has been acting in this strange manner. I would believe that Juliet is only trying to be modest about Paris if I did not know her. Something is amiss, and yet, I am at a loss for its cause. I have a hunch that the nurse knows something of this and is not telling me, for I am more observant than anyone gives me credit for. She walks the corridors with a secretive glimmer in her eye, and has become more reserved around my husband and I. Thank the heavens my lord has not noticed, for he would be hotter than the sun at midday if he thought that Juliet wishes not to wed his friend. He would be even angrier, because he loves this child so, and realizes that she does not know what is best for her. He wants her to be happy, but knows that he must be the one to tell her what will give her joy, even if she is in disagreement at first. I know my husband, and he is angriest when he is hurting his daughter, even if it is for her own good. He is truly a good person, but I worry for him, for when he angry with himself, he takes it out on those around him.

I don’t know how to tell Juliet that she must not resist Lord Paris for her own sake. This will be good for her in the end. She will also bear beautiful grandchildren for me, and give the Capulets a proud name. I still cannot help but wonder if there is another reason for her reluctance, for I can find no flaw in our plan. Is there a problem with my child that I am unaware of? I know for a fact that Juliet has come to confess to you upon many occasions, and I was wondering, as her upset mother, if she has mentioned anything that might cause her uncertainty in becoming Lord Paris’s bride. Also, what is the nurse’s involvement in all this? I am not sure if I am imagining all of this or not, but please alert me if there is reason at all for concern.

Many Thanks,

L.C.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP (IN ADVANCE!!) :D

...ummmm....its been 3 hours, not 10 minutes. Please help me. I really need it and no one is answering my questions. I don't know what else to do, because I can't figure out Shakespearian English! :O

Best Answer

Dear Friar

Hast thou noticed my Juliet’s queer behavior of late? She hath been answering me, and hath been of foul temperament. She looks at me as though I did cause her much offense, and hast shut me entirely out of her life. I do not understand what did cause her to treat me so coldly. I have been nothing but a caring mother towards her. She also does not respond eagerly when I suggest her possible marriage to Lord Paris. If I did not know better, I would think that she does not want to marry at all.

Alas, I know that she might not be ready to marry Lord Paris yet, due to her young age and innocence, but I was her age when I did marry my lord. I made a joyful bride and housewife, and am of the best family in Verona. Lord Paris is a respectable man with high status, and a respectable family as well. What more could I possibly give my dearest daughter? Does she not see that I have naught but her best interests at heart?

Ever since the party at which the Lord Paris did try to woo her, she hast been acting in this strange manner. I would believe that Juliet merely does try to be modest about Paris if I did not know her. Something is amiss, and yet, I am at a loss against what ails my Juliet. I have thoughts that the nurse does know something of this and tells me not, for I am more observant than anyone gives me credit for. She walks the corridors with a secretive glint, and hast become more reserved around my good husband and I. Thank the heavens my lord hast noticed naught, for he would be hotter than the sun if he thought that Juliet wished not to wed Lord Paris. He would be e’en angrier, because he loves this child so, and does realise that she knows not what be best for her. He does wish her to be happy, but knows that he must be the one to tell her what will give her joy, e’en if she be in disagreement at first. I know my husband, and be he in foul temper should he injure our daughter, e’en if ‘tis for her sake. Verily, he is a good man, but I worry for him, for when he angry with himself, he may strike out at those around him.

Withal, I know not how to speak to Juliet to insist that she must not resist Lord Paris for her own sake. This will be good for her in the end. She will also bear fair grandchildren for me, and give the Capulets a proud name. Alas, I still can not help but wonder if there be another reason for her reluctance, for I can find no flaw in our plan. Be there a problem with my sweet child that I know not? I know that Juliet hast come to you for shrift often, and I did wonder, as her troubled mother, if she hast mentioned anything that may cause her uncertainty in becoming Lord Paris’s bride? Also, what be the nurse’s part in this misfortune? I am not sure if this be fancy or not, but pray tell if there be reason at all for concern.

Hope this is in time.

Source(s): 3 years in the SCA and a Shakespeare buff

i will do it, give me ten minutes from now