Eyes are reacting badly to treatment!?

i heard from a friend whose father is an optomitrist (sp?) that you can make your eyes more immune to underwater conditions by putting some salt on your finger and dapping it on the iris. this works since sea water has a lot of salt. must condition them to salt water without risking exposing your eyes to hazzardous... show more i heard from a friend whose father is an optomitrist (sp?) that you can make your eyes more immune to underwater conditions by putting some salt on your finger and dapping it on the iris. this works since sea water has a lot of salt. must condition them to salt water without risking exposing your eyes to hazzardous salty water.

i tried it and now my eyes are stinging. if anyone else has done this is that a normal reaction to this type of treatment? or am i allergic to salt or something?

how can i get the stinging to stop and the swelling to go down? is there anything else i can put in my eyes to stop to stinging that will work quickly without undoing the salts work? or should i just keep putting salt in my eyes to eventually get immunity? i have NO IDEA what to do and this really hurts!

any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!! thanks in advance, karen jackson
Update: ive kept putting salt in my eyes at regular 15 minute intervals hoping it will get better but its not improving it at all! it just seems to be getting worse! infact one of my eyes is starting to swell up and go red. the other eye is getting better, but whenever I reapply the salt it reacts badly again! :S maybe the... show more ive kept putting salt in my eyes at regular 15 minute intervals hoping it will get better but its not improving it at all! it just seems to be getting worse! infact one of my eyes is starting to swell up and go red. the other eye is getting better, but whenever I reapply the salt it reacts badly again! :S maybe the type of salt im using is too strong? its normal table salt i got from the supermarket. is it normal salt that you use or is there a special kind?
1 answer 1