What are good books to read?

I really need a new book or novel to read. I have read Twilight and I am on book 2 of Harry Potter. What are some other good books?

Favorite Answer

Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

I love this book. It's hard to explain but it's about the future, after mankind basically destroyed the earth (global warming, destroying forests, polluting the ocean, etc) survivors made a new society where there's no argueing, war, etc. Everyone is considered "ugly" until they turn 16 and have this sugery that makes them "pretty" and they move to this part of town where all they do is have fun and party all day and night. Tally, the main character cant wait to turn pretty. She meets Shay who's a rebal and convinces Tally to leave the city for a night to see what's out in the wilderness. Tally learns all kinds of things about being pretty and the truth is.. it's not really pretty. EXTREMELY good, and the sequals (Pretties, Specials) are even better. It's full of adventures, cool technologies, romance, etc. There's also a fourth book from another perspective and it's set in Japan called Extras, but it's not as good as the others in my opinion.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This book is also set in the future and gets pretty intense. It's setting is in Panem, a city that's now in what's left of North America (which has become smaller after global warming and melting of the ice caps). Surrounding Panem are 12 districts where each year, one boy and girl between the ages of 12 and 18 are chosen to be in the Hunger Games where they are put into an arena and battle each other and try to survive until there's only one left and is the winner. There's also some romance in it. One of my favorite books and it was also recommended by the author of Twilight.

Deadly Little Secrets by Laurie Stolarz

It's the first of it's series and is also really good. It's about a girl named Camelia who lives a normal life - dating, has friends, decent grades. But, one day when she was picking an earing that she dropped crossing the street, a car was coming towards her and it wasn't stopping. Suddenly, a hot guy shoves her out of the way, saving her life. He left without her saying thank you or asking what his name was. Three months later, she's starting her junior year in high school and there's this rumor about a new guy named Ben who supposedly killed his girlfriend. Camelia doesn't believe in rumors and when she sees Ben, it's the guy who saved her life. She tries to talk to him but he ignores her at first, but later Ben begins touching her weirdly but Camilia only gets more drawn to him. She later finds out he's not ordinary. He can know the future or past of a person by touching a person and he senses that Camelia's in great danger. Really intense but good with a twisted love triangle.

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

Well, it's kind of three books in one. It's suppose to be about this guy, Tristian, and this girl, Ivy, who are crazy about each other. Ivy also has this strong belief in angels (like a water angel, a death angel, etc) which Tristian doesn't believe at all. But one day, they get in a car accident and Tristian dies and Ivy's belief in angels die with him and Ivy feels as if she has lossed everything. But, Tristian is still there, protecting her as an angel. But the problem is, Ivy keeps doubting about angels so no matter what Tristian does to try to help her, he hurts her more and Ivy feels more alone. Tristian soon realizes that their car accident wasn't an accident and whoever killed Tristian is trying to kill Ivy but can he save her im time?

Other books I've heard were good and planning to read is Need by Carrie Jones, Evernight by Claudia Gray, Lament by Maggie Stiefvater, Beastley by Alex Flinn, Old Magic by Marianne Curley, Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, the Blue is for Nightmares series by Laurie Stolarz, and Evermore by Alyson Noel

I recommend Need by Carrie Jones if you really liked Twilight. I heard it was really similar but with werewolves instead of vampires and more. Some people told me they liked it better than Twilight too. So yeah.. you should check it out.

Some of those are from feminine views, a few could also be a bit "girly lady" in your liking however others will have to be k. I've left each style on and you'll come to a decision. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at Hanging Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) Playing Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers consultant to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) Looking for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary Crew) Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp within the South; Poor Man's Orange; Missus (Trilogy via Ruth Parks) Where the Heart is (Billie Letts) My Place (Sally Morgan) Little Women (Louisa May Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) The three Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) Anything via the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen Whatever you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)

If you still have time to read go to Amazon for "Lost from Atlantis Book 1" - Book 2 is coming out really soon and Book 3 is in editing and will be out soon too.

"Death by Murder David Lindsay" you have to search that way.

And "Super Spaghetti."

They're all free on Kindle Unlimited for now, Google how to get a free trial. Then you can read it online, get a free Kindle phone app, or on your Kindle.

You obviously enjoy fantasy novels, so I recommend Jhereg by Steven Brust and Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. Her Majesty's Wizard by Christopher Stasheff is another good one. All 3 are the first in a series, as a nice bonus =).

noughts and crosses triology (+2 more) by Malorie Blackman- this is one of my all time favourite books alongside twilight- this is more dramatic and makes you cry though, its a love story but with lots of twists (discrimmination, race) its kind of like romeo and juliet

id tell you id love you but then id have to kill you by Ally Carter- this book is eing made into a film (there is a second book- cross my heart hope to spy)- about a spy/genius academy (Gallagher) and a girl who falls for a normal boy, its very teenagish- i like it

Thinking of you- is another one, i would tell you the author but my bookshelf is in the other room and im too comfortable, this is more of an adult book about a mother-daughter, boyfriends and everything else

ps. i love you- cecilia ahern- cant believe i nearly forgot this- wow, youve probably heard of the film, well the book is really good, storyline keeps you reading, personally cecilias best book

Junk- again, my a man i have forgotten, about teen and her boyfriend who get addicted to drugs and everything bad, ou get the drift- wont tell you anymore incase you decide to read this, quite sad

queen of babble city by meg cabot- more of an adult book about a teen girl, its like reviving your teen days, really funny and there are 2 more books after

size doesnt matter (size 12 is not fat, size 14 is not fat, big boned) series by meg cabot- loved these, another good set by Meg cabot, good storylines- mystery detective, brillitantly written, must read

hope i helped

finish the harry potter series

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley is amazing :]]