Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

russell brand, god among men or idiot?

I for one love russell brand as I can relate to him on many levels but i have recently found out that there are people who where offended by his antics:

embarrassing the young nazi party by arguing with their leader on tv

letting a homeless man live with him for a month

loosely offending people who wear purity rings

and my personal favourite giving a bunch of homeless people he never met huge wads of cash!

I mean sure his sense of humore is not for everyone and requires some life experience to apreciate but come on he's not that bad.

is he?

any thoughts

Favorite Answer

Russell Brand: Sex beast among men

I love Russell Brand and think he is absolutely hilarious, but my flatmates just don't like him at all, i think if you don't get his sense of humour or can't just go along with it, you find him a bit of a ****.

I do think though that people who get offended by him need to realise they aren't being forced to watch him, and should take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Also, he isn't the only comedian to be controversial and offend people, surely no one goes to watch a comedian hoping for a night of completely PC entertainment?

• Leela

I absolutely love love love Russell Brand!! He has a heart of gold, people sometimes don't see that because he is very silly and a bit wild, but ultimately he wants to help others and has hope in people to make the world a better place. This interview helped me to see his calmer side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CbLhnIp7

Youtube thumbnail

...

He is so creative, funny, outrageous, warm, very lovley guy. I hope to see him live someday, if he comes back to California.

• Dani

If it's between those 2, I choose idiot ...... but I dont know his work well enough to judge. I've only seen him on the mtv award things, and in the movie bed time stories.

• lexi m

I have only watched his interviews on American television, but he was pretty funny.

no idea what u are talking about....

Don't know 'em.