Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

first time ever tanning...question?

okay this will be my first time to EVER go tanning... i'm 16 years old.

i have a few questions:

1.)how often should i go per week?

2.)for how long should i stay in the beds?

3.)should i "not" tan my face? ( i know some people don't do it because it dries out their face and makes them look old)

4.)i'm pretty pale so would 2 months do the job?

5.)is it necessary to put on tanning oil?

6.)during the summer i use "Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Moisturizer" when i'm in the pool...will this 'really' keep my tan from fading as fast?

thanks!

I'M ALSO AWARE OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF TANNING. PLEASE USE YOUR TIME ELSEWHERE IF YOU PLAN TO PREACH TO ME.

=)

Favorite Answer

Okay so my answers:

1. I would start out going just 2 times a week for 2 weeks then do 3 times, I wouldn't go in for more then 3 times a week.

2. Since you're just starting out your skin is going to have to adjust to the UV rays, so I would start out with just going 10 minutes then go up to 15 minutes

3. If you are worried about future refrences for your face you can tan or not tan either way I'm sure you'll be okay.

4. 2 months will definately do the job, within a week or two you'll notice yourself getting darker.

5. What I use is the lotions that they sell in the tanning salon I recomend using Sex Pot by Carribean Gold it's around $20 usually, but if you can't afford that then you can use Hawaiian Tropic Oil just don't use a lot

6. Not sure on this one, but I'm sure you could try it just to see!

Another good thing is if you have really dry skin like I do, after you are done tanning and at home you should put on unscented lotion that way your skin wont "dry out".

Good luck :]

1.)how often should i go per week?

at first once a week and build up to two times a week.

start out with 5-8 minutes, depending on how easily you burn and move up to 10-20 min. depending on the bed the salon has.

tanning your face helps keep acne away.

yes, but to maintain it keep going.

nmot necessary, but it helps, but only use the ones at the salon hawaiian tropic does not work in the beds.

never heard that.

thanks!

Also the salon will help you with any question!

Source(s): own a tanning bed in my salon.

Well you should probably start with once maybe twice a week. Only stay in the beads for about 5 min to start with too and gradually build up to 10. Any longer and you look like you were thrown in a toaster and someone set the level to 10. Use the lotion instead of oil and don't put much on either. A thin layer will do.

Edited.

I forgot to mention the face. you should bring a towel and after 3 min cover your face because your face is one of the most sensitive parts of your body and it will dry it out and it can cause white spots.

1. go as often as you & your body want. As long as you dont burn you should be fine. The first time wait a day or two feel it out!!

2. well that depends on the bed &/or bulbs. Ask the girls at the place your gonna tan at, they know what they are doing.

3. I tan my face, i just make sure I use my face lotions...keep your face hydrated like the rest of your body!!!

4. Tan as often as you want til you get to the color you want. then you go once or twice a week to keep it up.

5. I think tanning lotion is the Sh*t!!! & if you get one with a GOOD bronzer, you wont have to tan as much or often!! Again talk to the girls & ask them what they recommend & see if you can get a sample first?!?!

6. IDK if that will work, but i know exfoliating will help alot!!!