David Archuleta - [Crush] Question?

Ok, so here's the deal. The song Crush that David A. sings, has it been sang, sung whatever it is, by another artist/singer. Im not even joking, when i say I'm almost positive I've heard this song been sung by some other artist. here's the story: i was looking through David A.'s American Idol appearances, when i bumped into the youtube video casting him singing the song crush. That was my first time seeing that video, but i sang along with the lyrics, especially the chorus. Man i was so certain that that song was sung in the past, or SOMETHING!! I tried finding answers on the internet, but nothing, help would be much appreciated!!! man i cant stand it when somethings in my mind and i cant answer it!! haha

Favorite Answer

Crush is a brand new song, written for Archuleta by hit songwriters who work with or for Kara DioGuardi (who is now the 4th Idol judge). I believe Kara said that and also that she helped produce Crush in a Fox raw feed of an interview as she entered the recent Idol auditions in Salt Lake City.

However, there have been many many other different hits called Crush. Some other singers with songs called Crush are Nicolette Brown, Funny Money, Leland Austin, Stereophones, Amerie, Matthew Searles, Sarah Marsh, Boyz II Men - and that is just from the first 2 pages of 10 pages of matches at the ASCAP Title Search.

Crush is a new song. David didn't write the song, but he is the first to sing the song and it's rightfully his. I think it's amazing song and his vocals are amazing! It was his first single so you may have heard it without realizing it.

Nope, it's definitely his. It was the first song he was given for his album. There's a lot of songs called "Crush", so maybe you're thinking of another one with that title. But as far as the ACTUAL song goes, he's the first to sing it.

David Archuleta is like a brand new puppy. Everything he does is cute and precious. That is all.