Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Since GE took TARP money, shouldn't "President" Obama limit multi-million dollar salaries for NBC reporters?

GE Capital received billions in taxpayer funds from TARP-1. GE Capital provides 55% of GE's revenue. NBC is a subsidiary of GE. houldn't Obama limit Brian Williams and Chris Matthews $10 mil and $5 mil annual salaries to 500k like the infamous "CEO's"? Doesn't it make sense now how MSNBC spends the whole day touting Obama and his agenda. Shouldnt they disclose their conflict of interest during every news story?

http://blogs.bnet.com/secdocuments/?p=201

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The reporters do not run the company. They don't set the policies that led to the company needing to ask Congress for help. They are paid based on what they contribute to the company's bottom line.

In any case, GE Capital and NBC are separate parts of GE. Had it been the parent company that had asked for money, your point would be slightly more reasonable.

• 1 decade ago

Brian Williams and Chris Matthews are not CEO's. So how could this possibly apply to them?

...and "conflict of interest" ? the TARP package was approved by and during the Bush Administration, not Obama's.

I'm not opposed to you hating MSNBC or liberals or whatever, but at least use a little logic now and then.

• 5 years ago

In the rest of the world (like Japan for example) the ceo is paid as much as 11 times more than the sweating worker on the factory floor. In gop-America the ceo is paid 400 times as much as the worker sweating it out on the factory floor. Yes I do remember. By many Republican legislators even in hearings it was suggested that the problem could simply be that the ceos are NOT PAID Enough to solve the difficult business problems, and make the market better. That if ceos benefitted even more, then the system would function more as it should.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, and GE sells parts to Iran.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, you let me know what percentage of all those wealthy reporters makes over $40 grand a year and then we'll talk.

Source(s): Not an idiot who knows most reporters, both TV and print, actually get paid crap. Because I've worked in the industry. And, incidentally, you haven't.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that's rotten to the core. GE, NBC, MSNBC?! i guess it's payday for jeffrey immelt, and NBC. if you're in a boycott mode there's two good places to start!

• Laser
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Maybe the CEO's. Did the CEO of NBC go to congress begging for a bailout? (no).

If not, then your question is ridiculous.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

did you know that GE does millions of $ of business with Iran?

sad but true.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes and on all actors that are on the NBC network..

• ATJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes you are right and I agree!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.