pregnancy question 30 weeks?

Okay, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, For the past few days my baby boy hasn't moved alot. I heard that they should move at least ten times every hour. but I have hardly felt him at all. Is this normal or should I be concerned.

• Favorite Answer

Call your doc, but also do some kick counts.

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG ) recommends that you find a quiet and comfortable spot to sit (or lie down on your left side, which is optimal for providing your baby proper blood and oxygen circulation) and perform a kick count at least once a day from your seventh month of pregnancy until you deliver.

Try doing the test 20 minutes after eating and see how long it takes the baby to move (kick, flutter, swish, or roll) 10 times.

Again, you should feel your baby move 10 times in about two hours. "If it takes longer than four hours, it is a good idea to call your doctor," suggests Dr. Gerard M. DiLeo, MD, BabyZone's board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist.

By the way, if this is your second (or third or fourth!) pregnancy, chances are you'll notice Baby moving around much earlier. (Some women profess to feel movement as early as week 12!)

When to Call Your Doctor

The ACOG recommends that if you've not felt 10 kicks by the end of the second hour of counting, you wait a few hours and then try to count again. After the second session, if you've not felt 10 movements within two hours, contact your healthcare provider right away.

You should also make a call to your doctor if you notice a big change in your baby's movement patterns over the course of three to four days. (For example, if you've noticed that your baby has been very active after breakfast or right before you go to bed each day for several weeks, but then quiets down considerably for three to four days, you should mention the pattern change to your doctor.)

Source(s): http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/fetal_developmen... Good luck. im 30 weeks also and sometimes my baby doesnt move as much. i think the bigger they get the more of a pattern of sleeping and awake they have...

It Depends How Big Your Baby Is....

The Bigger He Is The Less Room He Has To Move Around.

From About 12 Weeks Up Untill Now Your Baby Has Been Moving And Dancing Around Lots, But In The Last Few Months The Baby Sleeps A Lot To Save Energy For The Birth, He Will Also Be Putting On Lots Of Weight.

Its Good That Your Feeling Him Move Around Even If Its Not For Long, But Your The Mother And You Have Strong Instincts And If Something Does Not Seem Right To You Go And Get Checked Out!

Good Luck Hope All Is Well! =] X

When I was pregnant with my first I didn't worry about feeling her move 10times in an hour. I just made sure I felt SOME movement. There were certain hours where she didn't move at all, or I didn't notice because I was distracted. As long as you feel movement and the baby isn't completely still for a very long time, you should be OK.

I had five ultrasounds. One was when I was 16 weeks, at the OB's office on one of the ancient machines. The other one was at 21 weeks to see the sex and check progress. I had another one to evaluate a concern (turned out to be nothing) that had arisen during the second one. The fourth was when I was in the hospital for gall stones, they did an ultrasound to make sure my son wasn't affected by it. And the last one was done an hour before my c-section, to figure out why my baby hadn't dropped. He ended up having his head ****** and it had to be a c-section so there wouldn't be any problems during labor.

as long as you do feel him move daily it should be fine sometimes if you are busy moving around you wont feel it . you will notice a patter like my baby moves in the morning when i wake up , around 7 pm and at night around 11 or 12 pm is when i feel it the most . sometimes in between during the day if i am sitting alot

i can't see them moving 10 times EVERY hour... that seems like a little too much; i know mine doesn't move that much. i might feel a series of movement about 7-10 times per day. if you're concerned with it though, i would call your doctor.

Source(s): 31 weeks pregnant with my third.

HAVE U SPOKEN TO YOUR DOC U MAY BE SURPRISED THAT BABY IS HAVEING SLEEPING SPELL THAT HAPPENED TO ME WITH MY FIRST AT EXCALY 30 WKS I CRIED AND MY MOMS SAID THE BABY IS FINE SHE JUST SLEEPING OFOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME .... WELL I DID NT LISTEN WENT TO THE ER TOLD THEM I CANT FEEL MY BABY FOR THE PAST 48 HOURS.... THEY SAID LETS CHECK HEART BEAT THEY DID NOT FING IT NOT BECAUSE THE BABY WENT DEAD BECAUSE THE NURSE WAS NOT LOOKING RIGHT THEY PUT ME ON A MONITOR GAVE ME LOTS OF APPLE JUICE CRANBERRY JUICE THEY SAID STAY STILL THEY FOUNG HER HEART BEAT BUT SHE WASNT MOVING THEN TO MY SURPRISE THAT SUGAR RUSH 15 MINUTE LATER SHE WAS AL OVER THE PLACE I WAS THANKING GOD SO MUCH .... THATS MY EXPERIENCE U MAY WORRY MORE THAN USUAL WHEN ITS UR FIRST I KNOW I WAS THER JUST RELAX IF STILL NERVES GO TO DOC IF APPOINTMENT IS TO FAR AWAY HE WILL TELL U TO GO TO ER THERE YOULL SEE YOUR LITTLE ONE IS JUST GOING THROUGH A SLEEPING BEAUTY PHASE ....GOODS LUCK /.......... POUD MOMMY TO 3 YEAR OLD 14 MONTH OLD AND CURRENTLY 37 WKS PREGO HURRAY....

if its been a few days i would say yes call the doctor. but babys have active days and non active days. But a few in a row i would call to see whats up.

You should call your OB/GYN and have an NST done for decreased fetal movement. It could be just fine, but you want to be on the safe side.

He is getting bigger and running out of room in there. I was told with my daughter (now 2months) that it is normal. But I would tell your doctor at your next visit.