IUI - Feb. 5&6. Blood test on the 23rd? Anyone else?

I had my second IUI done on the 5th and 6th of the month. I am due to go back to my specialist for bloodwork on the 23rd. I had cramping and some nausea on the 11th-13th but not sure if it was implantation cramping or just a bug of some sort. Just wondering if anyone is on the same stage of their cycle and hoping for a BFP at the end of the week.

Thanks for the note....congrats to you! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Is it a male problem but my meds are 100% covered and the procedure is only $200 each time unlike the IVF which is $5000.

Well, I am on progesterone suppositories which normally make me gassy and cause frequent loose bowel movements (sorry, if TMI) but suddenly I was constipated for 2 days and now barely able to have a bowel movement each day. This is not common for me because I have never been constipated in my life. This all coincided with the nausea and cramping too.

Favorite Answer

I am in the same boat! I had my first IUI on Feb 4th and had the same symptoms as you did-- cramping and nausea....so it sounds as if we're both at the exact same stage. :) On Valentine's day I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner and threw it all back up a few hours later! I haven't thrown up like that since I was a little kid!! On one of the message boards someone said that it's a good sign of early pregnancy. I sure hope so!!

My doc said I can do an over the counter pregnancy test on Weds or Thurs of this week.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the BOTH of us!! BFP's!! :)

Are you having any other symptoms?

A baby is one of God's little miracles, if you didn't want another one especially since you are married and are supposed to be responsible you should have used protection of some kind. If you can;t handle the stresses of parenthood again so soon give the baby up for adoption. Having an abortion could have unforeseen consequences and end up costing you greatly in the long run. Good luck and God Bless!

I hope you get a positive but I had 3 unsuccessful IUI's.

Is it due mostly to male factor? If so, don't do anymore IUI's because the accompanying meds are too expensive. You are better off putting the $$ towards IVF and actually have a positive result.

***baby dust**

You could be pregnant, I suggest that you do a pregnancy test and see what that comes back as, if the first one comes back negitvie then re-do the test a week or so. You can request a blood test from your GP. You can also get advice from your GP, NHS Direct or your local chemist. hope this helps.

Im not still waiting. This was my second IUI too, and I got my BFP last weds. So I just wanted to say good luck to you!!!