Can you recommend some really good teen books?

I can't seem to find anymore really good books. I've read Harry Potter and it's my favorite, and I used to love Twilight before it became overrated. I also love Graceling, The Hunger Games, the Shopaholic series (and all the other books by that author), the Meg Cabot books, the Inheritance Cycle, Artemis Fowl, and the first two Uglies books. I'm going to go buy the next two today, so I wanted some suggestions for other good books to buy. I prefer teen fantasy romances like the ones mentioned above.

I've already read the Marked series, Just Listen, the Mediator series, The Host, Daughters of the Moon, Ender's Game, and before anyone suggests it, the City of Bones books.

Favorite Answer

I've read all the books that you listed (and loved them) except for Graceling which I plan to read:)

Young Adult Fantasy/Science Fiction:

1) The Gemma Doyle Trilogy (A Great and Terrible Beauty) by Libba Bray (Victorian era, mystery, magic and romance - located in England)

2) The Host by Stephenie Meyer (sci-fi romance - much better than Twilight, located in future North America)

3) anything by L.J.Smith

- Night World Series (vampires, werewolves, soul mates and all that good stuff - during our time)

- Vampire Diaries (vampires, soul mates, romance, and mystery - darker than other vampire novels - during our time)

4) anything by Tamora Pierce (usually located in a different time than ours)

- Trickster's Choice

- Trickster's Queen

5) Midnighters Series by Scott Westerfeld ( I have not read it yet but I plan to - I hear that it's really good)

I've also read the Blue Bloods Series, the Vampire Academy Series and the House of Night Series. I wouldn't recommend any of these series except for the House of Night Series. They all star vampires.

Young Adult Novels:

1) Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin (high school, romance, cute and funny)

2) anything by Sarah Dessen (always star teens, romance involved, realistic stories with relatable characters and interesting dialogue)

- The Truth About Forever

- This Lullaby

- Just Listen

- Lock and Key

3) The Luxe Series by Anna Godberson (Victorian era, New York - upper east side, strong main characters, interesting plot, romance, and suspense)

I agree with Jinx, although her descriptions might be a little long. (very good however) :]

The Vampire Diaries series is very good in my opinion. I have read the first 4 and I am actually getting the new released one today. It is very suspenseful and it will leave you wanting more, however, If you do not like Twilight you might want to re-think the book, it is a lot like Twilight in parts like, Vampires and only drinking animal's blood. Otherwise the Vampire Diaries series by L.J.Smith is a great pick.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead is one of my favorite series. I actually just finished the third book about a half hour ago. There are so far 3 books in this series released (one coming out 8/20/09 and another in 2010) -don't worry this is not a spoiler- It is about a 17 year old girl name Rose Hathaway who is a dhampir (half human half vampire) and her best friend Vasilisa Dragomir, a Moroi (a mortal vampire- the good ones) are being brought back to their school, St. Vladimir Academy after being on the run for 2 years. (the rest of the description you can find on the back cover of the book or you can read the full description and read the first chapter online at http://www.richellemead.com/vampireacademy.htm ) I highly recommend this book, it is nothing like Twilight (although don't get me wrong Twilight is a well written book).

Twilight, The Host, The Mediator, The Three Prophicies, Midnighters, The Uglies, Maxiumim Ride, and Private

pass Ask Alice Kissed with the aid of an Angel (marvelous e book) talk Wintergirls This Lullaby formerly I Die The Host Bloom Crank Burned comparable The Perks On Being a Wallflower residing house of nighttime sequence Glass Evermore 13 the rationalization why (somewhat sturdy e book) all the Sarah Dessan books are great sturdy If I stay- Gayle Forman North of eye-catching- Justina Chen Headley Going Too a strategies- Jennifer Echlos tale of a female Willow- Julia Hoban Twisted Anne Franks Diary shrink Nights in Rodanthe

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Stolarz

Need by Carrie Jones

The Vampire Diaries Series by L.J. Smith

When it Happens by Susane Colasanti

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen

Enders Game.

You should try the Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison. They are really funny and I loved them! If you saw the film Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, you'll love the book (it's much better!)

Dreamland, Someone Like You, Keeping the Moon, That Summer - all by Sarah Dessen - any book by Sarah Dessen is awesome :D

http://sarahdessen.com/books

All the books by Sarah Dessen

espicially This lullaby and just listen

You could try the Marked (House of night) series by P. C. Cast and Kristen Cast.

Source(s): Amazon.com