1995 Chrysler LHS question. My speedometer, windsheild wipers, heat/air system, radio and auto headlights wont?

come on.....I had the ignition switch changed, still nothing. Everything comes on and off simultaneously, as if its a wire loose. I was told that it could be my computer. Here is the question, if it is the computer, would car work at all? I was also told by another source that if the computer is out then the car wouldn't work period, is this true?

Favorite Answer

Could possibly be the BCM. It's one of the computers in your car. The BCM (body control module) runs many of the interior functions of your car, including instrument panel electronics and lighting. Your car would run but your accessories would probalby go haywire if it were to fail. Could be a short somewhere too. Its hard to say. If you can find another LHS at the salvage yard and locate your BCM, I'd try swapping them out. If not you are going to have to take your car to the dealer. You may even consider getting rid of it. Hope this helps

• Snow

I'm not an expert by any means, but it does sound like an electrical problem. Your car would run with a computer sensor out. Depending on which one.

• C-Tech

I don't have the diagram in front of me, but it seems you have a problem with the master fuse (or fuses) in the fusebox under the hood. Try checking those fuses first.

Source(s): Chrysler tech 10+ years