What are your opinions on Muslims with Mental Disorders?

Are they misguided? sick? victim of the Shaytan?

How should we treat them? Are they treated differently? what can we do to help them?
Update: @ Adnan I was simply asking your views. I have been told several things by different people. My personal opinion is that they suffer an illness and need help but not much help or understanding is offered to them in the islamic community. I would like to encorporate help for them into an out reach project I am... show more @ Adnan I was simply asking your views. I have been told several things by different people. My personal opinion is that they suffer an illness and need help but not much help or understanding is offered to them in the islamic community. I would like to encorporate help for them into an out reach project I am working on, and wanted some views. Thanks for judging me before knowing my intent.
Update 2: Iam asking because I am trying to incorporate help for muslims with mental disorders into an outreach program, but have found that not many seem to understand this issue.
Update 3: The answer I get most often from Muslims concerning mental illness is that they are misguided, can I get other views please?