Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

How do i whiten teeth using baking soda?

ok so i looked throught the questions on yahoo and so far i have found the best and easiest way for me to whiten teeth is to use baking soda. ok so i was wondering how i do it because i am not sure. if u know another way plz tell me what to use (i saw 1 that says lemon juice) but i want home made remedies not purchased stuff.

oh p.s i think my teeth are stained because i havent always had yellowish teeth (for about a year now)

oh and what is peroxide and can u get it just from supermarket

• Favorite Answer

ACtually ive used baking soda. It says on the back of the box lol but what you do is you sprinkle some baking soda on top of your tooth brush when you're brushing your teeth (i just put it on top of my tooth paste) and that's about it. Its says though you can only use it occasionally... you decide how often that is but using it too much can damage your teeth.

Your dentist actually -recommended- baking soda? Crazy. Baking soda is abrasive and wears away the enamel of your teeth which will make them substantially more prone to cavities - especially bad if you drink your tea sugared. I saw this new toothpaste out, I can't remember the name of it, but it promises effective whitening without the abrasiveness. It's new, by a major brand, and comes in a blueish-purple box. You can find it at Wal Mart and other such places. I haven't tried it because it's a little out of my preferred price range, but it might be worth a shot!

Add a few drops of lemon juice or 1/4tsp of baking soda to your toothbrush and top it with toothpaste and brush . More remedies and information regarding your teeth at http://useinfo-dentalcare.blogspot.com/

• Probably mix w/ enough water to make a paste then use it like toothpaste. You can rinse w/ peroxide too, but then rinse well w/ water afterwards & don't swallow any.

DONT USE BKING SODA!!! my uncle is a dentist !!! he said that it damages your tooth enamel !!!!! i asked him becuase i wanted to try it ...advice u can buy teeth whitingn stuff like u no that colgate stuff or even ask ur dentist they can bleach them or something...but ask ur dentist first