Am I wrong for making my sons join the church choir ?

My sons have good singing voices and I made them join church choir, I found out today that when I drop them off they have been going to the playground til its over. They really want to play football, but I told them if they don't at least try choir for a month then they don't get to be on the football team.... show more My sons have good singing voices and I made them join church choir, I found out today that when I drop them off they have been going to the playground til its over. They really want to play football, but I told them if they don't at least try choir for a month then they don't get to be on the football team. They are always singing around the house so I know they like to sing. Their excuse was that it's boring, their the only boys, and that its stupid. I just want them to give it a shot, I don't want them to have regrets when their older. I want them to try every opportunity that comes their way, especially when I know they could be good at it. I'm a single mom so its hard to always be the bad guy. What would u do, am I being hard on them ?
19 answers 19