Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

do amish vote .?

are amish allowed to vote. If they are did they vote for Obama

Favorite Answer

Of course their allowed to vote, their US citizens, and some do vote. I live in an area with a large Old Order Amish population and there are usually at least several at my polling place when I go. They have very conservative views, so my guess is that most who did vote did not vote for Obama.

to those who say the Amish do not vote, your incorrect. I stay in a community that has many Amish people and observed quite a few at my polling place the day previous to this, as I certainly have in years previous. some could % to not vote in simple terms comparable to many non-Amish people % to not vote. yet their is not any "rule" prohibiting them from balloting. there's a regular false impression that through fact the Amish do not use many present day conveniences of their properties that they don't desire to apply them in public places. it rather is likewise fake. They use digital balloting machines, holiday in elevators, holiday in autos (do not tension them although), keep at Walmart, devour at Mcdonalds, and so forth, and so forth...

no they don,t vote

but they go 2 mc donald with the carriage

Yes, they are allowed to vote if they are U.S. citizens. How should we know who they voted for? Sheesh.

No.

It sad to see those people. they live like in the 1800's

yea they vote like anyone else,They might have a horse to run the mail into a town.

yah they voted for mcccain

They don't vote.

No, They don't. They trust that God's will will be done.

They don't participate in society outside their community.

• Witchy

They don't vote.

They DO pay taxes.

Source(s): My mother-in-law was Amish My mother was Mennonite but lived in Amish country.