Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

do amish vote .?

are amish allowed to vote. If they are did they vote for Obama

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course their allowed to vote, their US citizens, and some do vote. I live in an area with a large Old Order Amish population and there are usually at least several at my polling place when I go. They have very conservative views, so my guess is that most who did vote did not vote for Obama.

• 3 years ago

to those who say the Amish do not vote, your incorrect. I stay in a community that has many Amish people and observed quite a few at my polling place the day previous to this, as I certainly have in years previous. some could % to not vote in simple terms comparable to many non-Amish people % to not vote. yet their is not any "rule" prohibiting them from balloting. there's a regular false impression that through fact the Amish do not use many present day conveniences of their properties that they don't desire to apply them in public places. it rather is likewise fake. They use digital balloting machines, holiday in elevators, holiday in autos (do not tension them although), keep at Walmart, devour at Mcdonalds, and so forth, and so forth...

• 1 decade ago

no they don,t vote

but they go 2 mc donald with the carriage

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, they are allowed to vote if they are U.S. citizens. How should we know who they voted for? Sheesh.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No.

It sad to see those people. they live like in the 1800's

• 1 decade ago

yea they vote like anyone else,They might have a horse to run the mail into a town.

• 1 decade ago

yah they voted for mcccain

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They don't vote.

• 1 decade ago

No, They don't. They trust that God's will will be done.

They don't participate in society outside their community.

• Witchy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They don't vote.

They DO pay taxes.

Source(s): My mother-in-law was Amish My mother was Mennonite but lived in Amish country.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.