The Reframer asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

If you were setting up a new 55 gallon tropical tank what would you put in there?

I would like medium sized fish, and something besides gupies, danios, tetras, or platies

I mean freashwater, and a lobster wouldn't last long in this house....

Favorite Answer

I love NW Cichlids I would get

2 blue acaras or 5 Smileing acaras

1 rubber nose pleco

1 bristel nose pleco

5 pepper cory cats

10 Danio roseus "Purple Passion Danio" Or 10 Rasaboras.

If i could not find the Acaras I would get 2 paris of Rams one pair or Blue rams and another pair of Bolivian Ram. Maybe some keyhole cichlids I have 2 and they are cool.

Guppies and bettas don't do well together - the bright colours of the male guppy tails are close enough to male betta colours that the betta feels threatened. Here are a few stocking schemes for a 55 g tank: a - 5 platies, 8 danios, 6 lemon tetras, 6 serpae tetras, 6 cory cats b - 5 swordtails, 8 cory cats, 4 angelfish c - 10 white cloud mountain minnows, 8 gold barbs, 15 rasboras, 4 dwarf gouramis d - 10 black neon tetras, 10 glowlight tetras, 10 bloodfin tetras, 10 serpae tetras e - 10 spotted danios, 10 Botia sidhtmunki (a loach), 12 dwarf pencilfish, 7 pygmy corydoras, 10 pristella tetras, 4 dwarf gouramis (all these fish are very small, the gouramis would be the "centerpiece" fish) ----

• Julia

I would have a group of 6 Female Betta, 6 Tril Corydora Catfish, 10 Harlequins and 4 Oto's.

Nicely planted, too.

And most definitely over-filtered.

I would put a spiny eel in there. A 55 is bare minimum for one of the large guys like a fire eel. ^^ Then again I'm a sucker for spiny eels. I think theyre awesome and fun fish to keep.

Cameron.....

lobsters are cold water...... they thrive anywhere from 33 degrees Farenheit to 85...but nothing higher EVER

If i got to set up a huge tank like that i would get Angels.....

well first i would get five 10 gallon filters for all around circulation and filtration then i would put some cichlids and other aggresive fish that can live with each other.

Green Severn, cat fish, barbs.

Kisser fish are cool, get two of them.

lobsters and piranhas and maybe small sharks and they could all have a fight

water... definately, water.