The Reframer asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

If you were setting up a new 55 gallon tropical tank what would you put in there?

I would like medium sized fish, and something besides gupies, danios, tetras, or platies

Update:

I mean freashwater, and a lobster wouldn't last long in this house....

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I love NW Cichlids I would get

2 blue acaras or 5 Smileing acaras

1 rubber nose pleco

1 bristel nose pleco

5 pepper cory cats

10 Danio roseus "Purple Passion Danio" Or 10 Rasaboras.

If i could not find the Acaras I would get 2 paris of Rams one pair or Blue rams and another pair of Bolivian Ram. Maybe some keyhole cichlids I have 2 and they are cool.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Guppies and bettas don't do well together - the bright colours of the male guppy tails are close enough to male betta colours that the betta feels threatened. Here are a few stocking schemes for a 55 g tank: a - 5 platies, 8 danios, 6 lemon tetras, 6 serpae tetras, 6 cory cats b - 5 swordtails, 8 cory cats, 4 angelfish c - 10 white cloud mountain minnows, 8 gold barbs, 15 rasboras, 4 dwarf gouramis d - 10 black neon tetras, 10 glowlight tetras, 10 bloodfin tetras, 10 serpae tetras e - 10 spotted danios, 10 Botia sidhtmunki (a loach), 12 dwarf pencilfish, 7 pygmy corydoras, 10 pristella tetras, 4 dwarf gouramis (all these fish are very small, the gouramis would be the "centerpiece" fish) ----

• Julia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I would have a group of 6 Female Betta, 6 Tril Corydora Catfish, 10 Harlequins and 4 Oto's.

Nicely planted, too.

And most definitely over-filtered.

• 1 decade ago

I would put a spiny eel in there. A 55 is bare minimum for one of the large guys like a fire eel. ^^ Then again I'm a sucker for spiny eels. I think theyre awesome and fun fish to keep.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cameron.....

lobsters are cold water...... they thrive anywhere from 33 degrees Farenheit to 85...but nothing higher EVER

If i got to set up a huge tank like that i would get Angels.....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well first i would get five 10 gallon filters for all around circulation and filtration then i would put some cichlids and other aggresive fish that can live with each other.

• 1 decade ago

Green Severn, cat fish, barbs.

• 1 decade ago

Kisser fish are cool, get two of them.

• 1 decade ago

lobsters and piranhas and maybe small sharks and they could all have a fight

• 1 decade ago

water... definately, water.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.