Katie asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Why are most animal hospitals small?

I'm not asking this to be rude, it's just that I've noticed that most human hospitals are these massive multi-story buildings, whereas most animal hospitals are one story, and appear relatively small.

I understand that most vets open their own practice, but is there any where they actually get together and have all the vets with all their specialties in one building? (I want to be a vet and work on a team on emergency cases)

Favorite Answer

Well, Hospitals for pets are not a very big Society and, some people think that its just to much to afford, but of course that's just an excuse. Vets are small because some people can't afford to take their pets to the vet so they usually do nothing. But in a human Society hospital, there are a lot of people who are dying and a lot of people think that humans are more... unique.

I think there are a few rather large animal hospitals around the country. I think the main reason they are not more common though is simply money. There really isn't health insurance for animals like there is for humans, and the average person doesn't have several thousand dollars to drop on their animals, therefore vets can't buy the equipment they'd need, because nobody would use it, and they wouldn't be able to pay it off themselves.

Also, animals don't need the privacy that humans do. You can fit many animal cages in the same space that you could only fit one hospital bed. So in that respect they simply don't need the kind of space that a human hospital does.

helping Your puppy acquaintances Be Your Bestfriends Longer attempt rhyming somewhat some the words which you truly prefer in it and write down something catchy word that is composed of recommendations, even stuff that sounds stupid, you are able to continually play with the wording