Who agrees that CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS news is biased?

I strongly believe they purposely put on footage that will strike fear, anger and anguish in the viewing public eyes. 90% of their broadcasts is bad news about the falling economy recession, dirty politics, war causalities, new diseases, corruption, etc...

I think a result of these broadcasts produces depression and hate towards others. Simple minds are so mold able that they cannot think for their own.

Favorite Answer

you need to realize that NEWS is by definition going to be negative - it is the reporting of things that are not as they should be (not exclusively, but primarily)

each of the organizations you cite - along with every other - has a bias. that can't be helped even if one is scrupulously fair, because as humans we have biases and we cannot eliminate them entirely from our perception of the world.

that being so, however, FOX in particular has a very skewed bias and

if you know that, you won't watch it - whereas many of its viewers watch precisely because of the bias.

question: would you rather that, amid the wars, dirty politics, failing economies, etc the media reported on lammies and pwetty fwowers?

i have to add something about your last comments, which show a rather puerile intellectual bias without understanding psychology. most people do not want to have to think. this accounts for the dozens of shows such as "real" this and entertainment news and celebrity blogs. a survey done in the mid-60s already showed quite clearly that people were not so much interested in the news as feeling obligated to read it - they were much more interested in the personal, which is exploited by all those previously mentioned shows. saying that the media molds the people's minds is backward. people's interests mold the media. you could not have FOX or others if people did not watch them. nobody has a gun to their heads.

personally, i have always worked for media that were as scrupulously honest and balanced about the news as possible. i wouldn't lower myself to go to the national enquirer even when they offered me three times what i was making at the time.

Source(s): journalist/editor/writer 45+ yrs IN CANADA

Who agrees that CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS news is biased? These outfits are careful not to criticize the government, even Bush. They know if they are out spoken against government then they will not be allowed into government news conferences. Of course they are biased. There is some element of bias in any news that is spoken by human beings. The values of the people reporting on news will always influence what and how much is reported. Bad news gets reported because it is of more interest than good news. If you have three segments about schools being opened, people will change the channel. If you have three segments about plane crashes, everyone will watch.

I agree with you 100 percent. The best out there tends to be PBS and BBC Worldservice. (www.pbs.org and www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice.) These are tempered and reasoned opinions. They interview intelligent people and offer the listener a balanced viewpoint. Where I am here in Boston, there is an excellent program called: GreaterBoston. They examine the news in detail and how it is presented. Visit:

http://www.wgbh.org/gb/?item_id=3585866

To highlight your point, they discussed this past Friday evening, how the mainstream media jumped all over the woman who had the octuplets, but got lots of the facts concerning her wrong. That's our prime-time, American journalism machine, operating in its finest hour.

Heaven help us!

Hope you find better reporting!

Westbound

Source(s): self www.greaterboston.org www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice
  • quan

i won't stand watching the information. Its sensationalist crap. each and every person is in it to get bigger rankings so as that they might get greater advertising and additional money. I hate labeled advertisements too, it is why I examine my information online. it is probable biased there too yet a minimum of i don't sense like i'm being talked to love i'm a 5 twelve months previous with upload. I even hate the way the information anchors communicate. They communicate at a reasonable (albeit boring and monotone) p.c.., then the final 3 words or so as that they communicate plenty slower. Grrrr I hate it.

Most are. Years ago it was revealed that before newscasters go on the air, they're told, "Here's what you're going to tell them tonight". Your best bet is to look for news programs that don't have sponsors like Public Television, because then they have to appeal to an audience instead of a sponsor.

I agree strongly.

My grandfather used to have very different beliefs before watching CNN.

He is in his 70's and grew up very poor with a different style of education., and it's very easy for him to believe everything that they say on the news, and since they act in such an angry manner, he does also, he's become a very sour old man.

• hi

yes

BBC is the only real news and maybe MSNBC

i cant stand the other channels that want to make you scared about the terrorists coming to kill you

• hog b

They are all controlled by the people who wish to control us, and exploit our labor.

As you mention, spreading fear is a good way to keep control of the public.

• Mac

You are kind of right but mostly wrong. I agree with kerangoumar.

hell yeah