If the stimulus bill was so urgent, why did Obama take 3 days off and won't sign it until Tuesday?

Panda: to give us time to read it??? What difference does that make if the bill has already been passed by the House & Senate?

Once again, you fail.

• Panda
    Favorite Answer

In order to give all you chronic complainers time to actually READ the stimulus bill and make your comments . . he already explained that.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/arra_pu...

And, then you can even track the bill once it is signed into law on Tuesday.

http://www.recovery.gov/

I have no idea why Obama bothers with any of you as I've yet to hear even one conservative Republican with any plan or idea worth listening to. All you do is complain.

• ?

The Congressional workplace of finances administration already has issued a fact that it's going to take some companies 18 months or greater to technique their parts of the stimulus kit. Do you relatively no longer understand the size and scale of what os in contact,

If it's so urgent why is 15% of it direct "stimulus" and the rest spending.

This bill is for nothing more than to secure spending.

I don't know of any business who ignores the analysis provided them based on the "package'. When CBO says it will fail, and free-market economists confirm, you think they'd trash the current "solution" and start over. When businesses choose to ignore the red flags, that's what their financials end up loaded with -- RED FLAGS!

Logical assertions aside, the fact that only 37% of people are in favor of this bill should be a reason to scrap it...being a constitutional republic and all?

History is also an important gauge into outcomes. FDR tried this and failed. He actually spent 10% of GDP per year trying to run down unemployment which would be like us spending 1.3 Trillion per year. Instead we're spending 300 billion w/ a 5-year outlay at a GDP that amounts to 13 TRILLION per year. Logistically it doesn't make sense. Some say he prolonged the depression by 6 years.

Nah, I think we all know why this bill is being pushed through. Pelosi' gray mouse habitat was the icing on the cake -- 30 million for her home district to protect an ecosystem for mice. She was trying to push that crap legislation through for years -- and has always failed in conventional methods. Now she slips it under the radar cloaked in "stimulus".

They're a sick bunch. They're like kids in the candy store who can't wait to spend YOUR money.

They all should impeached for nothing more than not reading the completed/compromised bill before voting on it.

Because he is an a8ss wipe.

He also said that any and all bill will be up for 48 hours so the public can read them. I searched the White house web site and did not find the bill.

This was done so no one can read it, and this from a man who said nothing will be kept from the American people.

I did hear that chris dodd, you know the one who got a special mortgage and one of the ones that caused this mess. Put in the bill (last minuet) that caps all bank CEO's salary. That is really going to make the banks do nothing.

What a bunch of losers the dems are. it is all about control.

It already passed (late Friday?). The President is currently in Chicago (it is President's Day). He will move to Denver on Tuesday and sign it there. I'm not sure the reason by Denver but it is conservative stronghold. For those of you who can't seem to find it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/08/senate-st...

Source(s): I hate to quote Huffington but it does have the full text.

he wanted to get the bill thru the house and senate before anyone could actually read it. it's to late to do anything to stop it now. he just did to us what got us into this mess in the first place, people signing contracts without reading them

• DOOM

I'm trying to figure that out, myself. I respect the fact that he was able to get congress to work on the weekend, but then why is he stalling on the help that we so desperately need? (his sentiment, not mine).

And what good does it possibly do to give people time to read it after it's too late? That's like reading a book after you've already turned in the book report. It's not as if he's going to veto it.

Because the egotistical Loser who now holds the office wants to pull a Madd TV skit of Stewart saying "Look what I can do"

The little mouse and the moose in Nancy Pelosi's district were very worried, and Obama's public statements about the need for haste helped to calm them down.

Another question would be is WHY is he wasting money to take the damn thing to Denver to sign it?

What does he have to get in 18 holes at the local course again?

Old Country Buffet was having a POTUS special. Pork and hand rolled "herbs".