Does belief in evolution destroy the Christian faith?

I only ask because of all these Evangelicals who act like evolution is the gravest insult against them. They act this way despite the fact that evolution (simply the belief that species change over time) has been PROVEN BEYOND ANY DOUBT. Just look at dogs. How do evangelicals look at chiwawas with full knowledge... show more I only ask because of all these Evangelicals who act like evolution is the gravest insult against them. They act this way despite the fact that evolution (simply the belief that species change over time) has been PROVEN BEYOND ANY DOUBT. Just look at dogs. How do evangelicals look at chiwawas with full knowledge they they descended from wolves and continue to deny that species can not change over time?!?!?!?!

JESUS F'ING CHRIST.

And don't give me this "micro not macro" crap. There is no such distinction, and by the way, we have physically observed species evolve so far apart that they can no longer breed with each other, thus by definition creating two species.

So Evengelicals, what is it about your faith that makes evolution so hard to take? Would it literally destroy your world and society? I know that Catholics believe in evolution.

It wouldn't be so infuriating if I didn't know that a full understanding of evolutionary theory was absolutely vital to curing various diseases and virus which have a nasty habit of evolving around our medicines. "They mutate, not evolve!" you whine, without doing any research. Mutation and evolution are the exact same thing. EXACT. 100%. mutation means a species changing through generations, evolution means a species changing through generations. PERIOD.

Evengelicals with their anti-science beliefs stand in the way of the progress of the human species. This is a fact. They claim to want to cure people like Jesus, and yet they stand in the way of creating new medicines.

I could go on. For example, if it were up to Evangelicals we would stop studying the Earth for clues to environmental changes that occurred over millions of years, as the Earth is only a few thousand years old, right? And yet, by understanding the Earth we will be able to save thousands, if not millions of lives from natural disaster etc...

This is why I want to convert Evengelicals to my thinking, for the betterment of mankind, because their thinking is a detriment to it. So I am curious.

Why do Evengelicals reject science, especially evolution and a theory of an earth being older than 5,000 years?
Update: By the way, I am someone who believes that the power of Jesus message was strong enough to stand even while considering that much of the bible could be interpreted as metaphor or poetry.
Update 2: mithril:

Fair enough. I probably do alienate people with my language. I should stop being so vulgar.