promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

weather in Boston for the week?

I'll be in Boston for the week of Feb 16-23.

I'd like to know:

1) how the weather has been in Boston for the last few days/nights.

2) what the weather might be like for the week i'm there

3) how accurate are the predictions on weather websites for boston...(as in, how predictable is boston weather...or can it change very suddenly?)

numbers would be great. 'cold' and 'warm' is subjective =P

if you can include things like windchill factors etc, it would be even better!

THANK YOU! =D

Update:

forgot to ask as well: how would you describe the winds in Boston? dry? harsh? strong? mild? etc...

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We're so near the ocean that a slight change of wind direction can make a big difference to the weather. It also matters how far inland you are going to be. If you are in the business/tourist part of Boston, there will usually be a wind this time of year, enough to make a 10 degree difference in wind chill. This past week the winds have been warm, cold, and damp, all within the same hour.

This coming week, daytimes mid 30s to 40s, night 20s. Same as this past week. Few snow or rain showers, nothing to worry about. Unless things change, which they will.

Dress in layers. Bring an umbrella. Don't worry about heavy coats or boots. Scarves aren't just decorative, they are important layering tools.

Source(s): I live here.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It's supposed to be in the mid 30's to low 40's. The wind makes a big difference; it comes from the ocean and can be cold, especially when you're in downtown and it blows between the high rises- like a wind tunnel. Dress warm and it'll be fine.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.