help name of movie about nuclear war?

its about israel having a war and they were going to drop one nuclear bomb on their enemy but the plane was shot down and the nuclear bomb was buried in the desert. Some guy found the bomb and sell it to another guy. 3 russian scientist fix up the bomb and put it in a soda vending machine. the bomb was brought to the U.S and it exploded in a ball game area with the president there. Russia and U.S. almost launch there missile.

I watch this movie before but i forgot the title... can someone help me with it.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Sum of All Fears (2002)

starring Ben Affleck, Morgan Freeman, James Cromwell, Liev Schreiber, Bruce McGill, Philip Baker Hall

IMDb synopsis:

When the President of Russia dies and his replaced by a man with a cryptic past, putting the United States on alert to rising Cold War fears. When the CIA suspects that renegade Russian scientists are attempting to develop more mobile nuclear weapons, East-West tensions over flow. CIA director William Cabot sends his best agent, Jack Ryan into action. What Ryan discovers is that terrorists are planning to provoke a war between the U.S. and Russia, by detonating a nuclear bomb at a football game in Baltimore.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJIF9-6D52w

Youtube thumbnail

From SFGate:

Even before Sept. 11, U.S. security officials feared that terrorists might hide a nuclear weapon or "dirty bomb" inside a cargo container. A worst- case result might resemble that portrayed in the 2002 film "Sum of All Fears" starring Ben Affleck: Terrorists hide a stolen nuke inside a soft-drink machine and sneak it into Baltimore. The bomb explodes, vaporizing much of the city.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.