Poll: Is Miley Cyrus stupid?

Miley wants people to start to look at her like an adult instead of a Disney Star Channel girl, but in the past few "scandals" she's been in, it's kind of hard. What I see is an immature sixteen year old - she probably didn't intend on it being racist, but the picture looks like she's... show more Miley wants people to start to look at her like an adult instead of a Disney Star Channel girl, but in the past few "scandals" she's been in, it's kind of hard. What I see is an immature sixteen year old - she probably didn't intend on it being racist, but the picture looks like she's making fun of people with Asian descent. Her response was immature as well. She has many Asian fans (mostly 6-10 yr olds) that look up to her as a role model and while they may not understand the full situation or understand what appears to be the racism in it, she should have just apologized and left it as it is, instead of yelling on her blog.
She really should have just said 'I didn't mean it like that but I am sorry if I caused offense'.. but she was like 'Oh everyone's taking it our of context'.. I don't understand why some people are taking it so lightly. Their children look up to this "role model". Next time they see Asian Americans, what's going to happen when their kid mimics Miley?

Advocate group OCA released a statement earlier saying the 16 year old "encouraged and legitimized the taunting and mocking of people of Asian descent, [and] she has also insulted her many Asian Pacific American fans."

This isn't the first time Cyrus has been slammed for photos.

In April 2008, she was criticized by parenting groups after pictures surfaced of her posing in green bra. A few months later, she apologized after posing semi-nude in Vanity Fair.

Do you buy Miley Cyrus' excuse for "racist" picture? If so, why?