Andy
Andy asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Red Wings v Devils in Finals?

Would a Red Wings v Devils stanley cup finals match up generate high viewership ratings?

Favorite Answer

Devils have trouble selling out their arena..The Red Wings also have trouble selling out because of the economic state Michigan is in.

So I would say no

I know my team doesn't have a lot of fans, and Joe makes a good point about Michigan's economy. I think a Sharks/Bruins Stanley Cup Final match up would generate the highest ratings, considering the teams are the best teams in the East and West, respectively, and already have a huge fan base. The recent Sharks/Bruins game received the highest number of views the NHL on Versus has ever had.

But just based on fans, the Blackhawks and Canadiens would generate the best ratings, but realistically I don't think they're making the SCF.

That would be a very interesting matchup and one that isn't so far fetched.

The story lines would jack up the hype.

The '95 Finals where a record setting Detroit squad were heavily favored and swept. (no hockey fan will forget)

Brendan Shanahan going back to NJ after winning 3 cups in Detroit.

Rafalski, a Detroit born native having success in his homecoming of sorts, winning Cups in both cities...etc. etc.

It would be exciting. Detroit would want sweet revenge...NJ wanting to duplicate past success against a formidable foe.

I think it would a hot ticket between the 2 most winning teams this past decade.

Any game with the Red WIngs will be a good seller. They are one of the most highly viewed/TV rating teams in the league.

i might extremely pass with Xenogears and the Xenosaga sequence first, once you're playing for storyline/plot. notice that the Xenosaga sequence gets steadily greater effective IMO, extremely the snap shots. once you're playing for gameplay applications, Suikoden and Radiata memories are the two incredibly stable [despite if I prefer Suikoden II over I]. In the two video games, there are over a hundred recruitable characters. The Suikoden sequence is a lot greater effective than Radiata memories however. memories of Legendia isn't a foul selection the two, despite if it is between the lesser liked "memories of" video games. celebrity Ocean: the 2d tale is likewise a stable selection. comparable in gameplay to the memories of sequence, yet greater "in-intensity" in terms of character progression. in case you opt for something greater cutting-edge, pass with Dungeon Siege III. i could now not fairly get too lots into I & II, yet I did fairly like III. ultimately, in case you opt for to adhere to very final delusion video games, i might %. Anthologies [III/V - whichever format you are going to play them on, Anthologies disc has extremelyyyy sluggish load cases however so gets stressful] and XII. ---- build-A-bear Workshop? lol.

I'd be all aboot it, Hopefully it has the same results as 1995.

Joe has a solid point, maybe it would be what NJ needs to turn things around, well that and tickets under $150 in the lower half of the Prudential center.

http://www.authenticsportscollectibles.com/store/p...

Source(s): Bring the cup to Newark for 2009!!!

dont see why not.a lot of star power on both sides.(much more on the wings) they both have been there before. If you know hockey devils wings would be a great matchup! it would generate decent ratings but nothing groundbreaking.hate to say it but if it were rangers wings then the ratings maybe through the roof,but this is hockey were mostly only the hardcore fans tune in.

Source(s): my thoughts

zzzzzzzz

I know it's not "your fathers" Devils but I just find them to be an incredibly boring team

no