What are some really good Young Adult Books?

I have read TWILIGHT SERIES AND HARRY POTTER so plz if you can try to refrain from writing that. I would appreciate it. I Like Mystery books and i especially LOVED "THE GIVER" by: Lois Lowry and i would like to read more books like that so if you could give me any book suggestions like those that would be very nice. I also like some good adventure books but i really want are some nice YOUNG ADULT - romantic books- something that would grab my interest like it did to yours choose ur prferences the ones that you think will stand out to me and id like to give them a try. SO THANKS FOR ALL UR HELP REALLY APPRECIATE IT :D

Best Answer

The Cal Leandros Series by Rob Thurman(I really really enjoyed this series! It has both action and really funny!)

1st- Nightlife

2nd-Moonshine

3rd-Madhouse

4th-Death Wish(Coming out March 3rd)

Heres the summery Of The First Book =]

In New York, there's a troll under the Brooklyn Bridge, a boggle in Central Park, and a beautiful vampire in a penthouse on the Upper East Side. Of course, most humans are oblivious to this, but Cal Leandros is only half-human. His father's dark lineage is the stuff of nightmares-and he and his entire otherworldly race are after Cal.

He and his half-brother Niko have managed to stay a step ahead for three years, but now Cal's dad has found them again. And Cal is about to learn why they want him, why they've always wanted him...for he is

The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Cain

1st- Glass Houses

2nd- The Dead Girls Dance

3rd-Midnight Alley

4th-Feast Of Fools

5th-Lord Is Misrule

Heres a summery Of The First One

Just don't stay out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks in the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero.

When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Claudia Gray

1st -Evernight(Romance)

2nd - Stargazer(Coming Out March 24)

Summery-

Bianca wants to escape.

At the eerily Gothic Evernight Academy, the other students are sleek, smart, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

When she meets handsome, brooding Lucas, he warns her to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him. But the connection between them can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

Ellen Hopkins has a couple of books that you may enjoy

-Crank

-Burned(My personal favorite! Has romance sad to =[ )

-Impulse

-Identical

-Glass

Here's a summery on Burned

Full of anger at her father, an alcoholic who abuses her mother, Pattyn begins to question her Mormon religion and her preordained, subservient role within it. She is confused by her mother's acceptance of the brutal abuse, and although she is furious at and terrified of her father, she still longs for his love and approval. As the consequences of her anger become more dramatic, her parents send her to spend the summer with her aunt on a Nevada ranch. There she finds the love and acceptance she craves, both from her aunt and from a college-age neighbor, Ethan.

Keven Brooks is another good author some of his work are

-Lucas

-Road Of The Dead(Favorite!)

-Candy(Has romance kinda dark though)

-Being

-Bloodline

-Martyn Pig

-Kissing The Rain

Here is a summery on Road Of The Dead

Ruben Ford, 14, feels things. When his sister is murdered on the English moors, he knows she's dead even though he's home in London. He and his brother, Cole, 17, are freakishly linked by Ruben's power to feel what Cole feels. The teens travel to Dartmoor to find Rachel's killer and bring her body home. They're received by a Dickensian assortment of sadistic thugs, greasy criminals, and corrupt cops, all hiding something.

Vampire Kisses Series by Ellen Schreiber (Romance)

1st-Vampire Kisses

2nd-Kissing Coffins

3rd-Vampireville

4th-Dance With A Vampire

5th- Coffin Club

Here is a summery of first one

Raven, 16, doesn't fit in at school or home. This goth-girl is obsessed with vampires and when a new family moves into the old town mansion, she is convinced that the son, Alexander, is a vampire. The story swirls around and through sibling rivalry, peer relationships, friendships, and love. Raven is a feisty protagonist with a quick wit and a real sense of self. She defends herself and her friends, often besting her peers with humor and a quick tongue. As her connection with Alexander deepens, she comes to understand her family better. It is through his shadowy character that readers are kept off balance.

There is also a graphic novel version of this series its pretty cute as well =]

Flowers in the Attic - V.C Andrews

The hunger games - Suzanne Collins

Theories of Relativity - Barbara Haworth Attard

Tweaked - Katherine Holubitsky

Candy - Kevin Brooks

Catcher in the rye - J.D Salinger

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain

The Face on the milk carton series - Caroline B. Cooney

Sunday at Tiffany's -James Patterson

• C M

Some really good books I liked are

Twilight series duh LOL

Jessica's Guide to dating on the Dark Side is good but has some language

I also liked the vampire kisses series but it is short

The hunger games is good but I haven’t finished it yet

Blue bloods

Vampire Diares

The maximum ride series is good but no VAMPS

I haven’t read or am reading the following books but I have heard they are good

The house of night series (marked,…)

The vampire diaries series

The host (Stephanie Meyer)

Savvy

Blood and Chocolate

Gone with the wind was a good movie but I heard the book was boring IDK

I would preferably chose first person books but some of the books are third

=]]

The Vampire Academy Series, by Richelle Mead, [Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kissed, and Blood Promised will be released this summer.]

Dreamland, Someone Like You, Lock and Key, Just Listen, This Lullabye, and That Summer, by Sara Dessen.

Nineteen Minutes and The Tenth Circle, by Jodie Piccoult.

The City of Bones series.

Blood and Chocolate, and Silver Kiss, by the same woman- I dunno what her name is.

The Au Pairs, or the Blue Bloods series, by Melissa de la Cruz.

I'm 14, I loved Twilight and Harry Potter, and I LOVE these. They're either vampire related, Silver Kiss, Blue Bloods, and Vampire Academy, or werewolves, Blood and Chocolate, or mythical creatures in general, City of Bones, or normal teenagers, like all the rest,

Also, I have aquestion posted, with the first pages of the novel I'm working on- please answer and critique- anyone. Thanks. =]]

THE RULE OF FOUR by Ian Calder

THE RIDDLE OF THE SANDS by Erskine Childers

WATERSHIP DOWN by Richard Adams

STARSHIP TROOPERS by Robert Heinlein

ASSAULT ON THE LIBERTY by James Ennes jr.

THEY DARE SPEAK OUT by Paul Findley

THE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR PLAGIARISM STORY by Theodore Pappas.