Was Bahrain owned by Iran?

I saw an article on this and thought if its true or not.

Was Bahrain part of Iran?

When did Bahrain get independence?

Thanks.

Update:

Note that I said "Was". Apparently they got independence from Iran.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Majid
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I looked at wikipedia and it says :

During its history it was called by different names such as Awal, then Mishmahig, when it was a part of the Persian Empire. From the 3rd to 6th century BC, Bahrain was included in Persian Empire by Achaemenians, an Iranian dynasty. From the 3rd century BC to the arrival of Islam in the 7th century AD, Bahrain was controlled by two other Iranian dynasties of Parthians and Sassanids. By about 250 BC, Parthian dynasty brought the Persian Gulf under their control and extended their influence as far as Oman. Because they needed to control the Persian Gulf trade route, the Parthians established garrisons in the southern coast of Persian Gulf.,...

Independence

- From Persia 1783

- From British protectorate December 16, 1971

Yes It was !! but shah-haye ghajar kam kam tamame irano be in o un bakhshidand!! :((

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yes it was. I am an iranian from south, so i know what im talking about!

Just few years before the islamic revolution in iran (almost 45yrs ago) bahrain as the 13th state of iran got seperated with what so british called election! And united nation claimed that almost 90% of bahrainians want seperation from iran.

Still right now almost 75% of them do undrestand Farsi, and more than 15% of them are called AJAMI means persian!

Trust me, not only in bahrain but all over persian gulf countries i know people who dress up like arabs but cannot speak a single arabic word ! The root is even iranain!

But probably because of money and other reasons you wont find any usefull resources on internet! The royal family of bahrain try to hide their history and say we never used to be part of iran which 80milion iranians are sure that bahrain was 13th state of iran and the all had iranian passport!

My father was about 20 something years old when bahrain got seperated !!!!!!

• 4 years ago

Yahoo Doesn't even have "Iran" in Making ID anymore while places like "Antarcia" is available and you are asking for a section ?! Actually me and some Other Persian Guys Tried Signing a Petition for it around 2 years ago , but no change was seen ! So we Decided to Capture Bahrain Section Like the way Palestininas Captured Israel's Setion (cause as you said Bahrain was one of Iran's Provinces in less than 50 years ago ) But poeple got bored with that and left the section In case you came up with anyother Idea , Inform us and we'll try to help you :) All in all the reason is Obviously Political , so I dont expect to see Iran's Section in this Site where you cant even say what you belive in without the fear of being suspended ! Edit @ Trout : Thats very True , well-said

• 1 decade ago

Bahrain being part of the ancient Persian Empire hundreds of years ago does not mean that Iran owned it, in that case India should have been be owned by the British as a part of Great Britain Empire. Iran itself was a part of the Abbasid Empire , can anybody claim that Iraq owns Iran?

Known in ancient times as Dilmun, Bahrain was an important center of trade by the 3rd millennium B.C. The islands were ruled by the Persians in the 4th century A.D., and then by Arabs until 1541, when the Portuguese invaded them. Persia again claimed Bahrain in 1602. In 1783 Ahmad ibn al-Khalifah took over, and the al-Khalifahs remain the ruling family today. Bahrain became a British protectorate in 1820. It did not gain full independence until Aug. 14, 1971.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • samy n
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

past times thir wasnot all names of countries you see now,,,,even in euorop,thir was mo germany but brosia ,,in new days afterdeath of all emperrors,,,we have the newnames for many aras as a new countries....u.n arrangd that things and becme member of it.....so we can not returen bck wih history to say that country waspat of other country,and she must returen bck to it......othe wise thir will be great wars between alls

• Leo H
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

bahrain is the seperate country

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.