Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Explain like I'm stupid: Since I can't prove it doesn't exist, the rational thing to do would be (details)?

Explain like I'm stupid:

Since I can't prove it doesn't exist, the rational thing to do would be to build a theme park in its honor and charge admission, not only to those who attend but also to those who don't attend and to those who never even heard of it?

Agreed, Noki S. Bam honey, do you prefer oatmeal, chocolate chip, or extra bran?

4evahis, you guessed wrong about which place I'm describing. Look in the other direction.

Er, Julius C, I must confess that "questions as confusing as my own" would never have occurred to me as the touchstone for relationship success. But thank you for the charming offer.

Favorite Answer

Sounds Like 'Family Guy' episode. I saw this one last week.

• ?

A museum/theme park would be nice where you could walk with Dino and teach history that never happened.

When you ask people what color of meat is pork 8 out of 10 will tell you Oh it's the other white meat. Wrong pork is classified as red meat but when red meat was considered bad for you the pork industry spent millions on campaigns that worked.

Point is it does not have to be true to convince 80% of the people that it is true. Tell a lie often enough and it will seem like the truth no matter how irrational it is.

Source(s): Bam Bam

OK, so you like parables and analogies:

You can't prove God exists. Your theme park, I assume is hell and you're wondering why God would send people to hell who don't believe in him or have never heard of him. If that's correct interpretation of your analogy, I'd have to agree with the guy who already stated your analogy is flawed (although I'd leave out the part about being stupid).

First, God does exist. If you honestly believe He doesn't and are utterly convinced of that, then the rest of your analogy is totally irrelevant. From the perspective of one who is utterly convinced that He does exist though, the analogy would be better stated as God has given us each a free ticket to heaven (the theme park) and all we have to do is accept it. If you tear up that ticket and throw it away, you're left in the hot, smelly parking lot when the gates open.

I am going to go out on a limb here and assume you are speaking of heaven. I don't think God charges admission to anyone at all. My 'Christian' beliefs are flawed in that I believe we will ALL go to that theme park in the sky when we leave this hellish place. I remember thinking as a child, when I was told that only Christians go to heaven, that that was not right and totally unfair! I didn't believe for a minute that God was like that. According to Christians, all you have to do is believe that Jesus died for your sins and your admission is paid! I believe that surviving this life is payment and you have free admission!

~Peace~

Thats religion, a blind man trying to find a cat in a dark room and then finding it.

Look there is only one way, and one name that every person needs to be saved by and that is Jesus.

man is so lost in sin that it is difficult to reliaze that God exists and that is why He came to earth did the Fathers will so that man can come to God again and sent the Holy Spirit to convict the world of a living God.

Finally I have found someone who's questions are just as confusing as my own! Now when this becomes unintentional let me know - I am still advertising for the position of holding down the other end of the park-bench. :)

hhhh yeah that would be the smartest thing they did hhhh...and they shouldn't be taking money for it...it should be for ...free for it's not a trade....and since people love to pay money..and think that everything on earth to have it you got to pay money for it..so yes what the heck let's pay and watch....hhhh

or let's not pay and protest against it..and then make those who pay believe it even more....hhh..they have something to fight for..and they have enemies to challenge and ...:))

u r very smart.. i liked it

yet i believe that they faked the truth and used it...but the truth is still there ..u have it for free whnever..

I think Bam needs a cookie.

• neil s

Obviously, the intelligent thing to do is say you can't be sure, and are thus agnostic on "it". You know, like people do with bigfoot, leprechauns, and unicorns.

Source(s): Atheist

Build a church in it's honor. That's what everyone's doing.