WOW am I really that screwed from smoking cigarettes? GERD....? WHAT!@#$%?

OKAY.

I am 20

I have only been smoking since I was 15

I smoke A LOT

I want to quit.

On a side note...My voice is always hoarse. I cough up black stuff. I wheeze and lose my voice a lot. i always have a sore throat. I have many symptoms of GERD (acid reflux) I smoke a lot of caffeine also

I cough up mucous a lot cough a lot and have heart burn a lot. If i quit now will I be okay? Did i do long-term effects? If i have GERD will it go away (acid reflux) I have all the symptoms. Am i okay if I just quit smoking or do I need to go to a doctor?

I am flipping out

oh I can't really go to the doctor for acid reflux cuz I have no insurance but in my case since the acid reflux is of no other cause then smoking a lot will it go away on its own when I quit?

• 144289
    Favorite Answer

You smoke them too fast, sounds like it. Longer you smoke, harder to quit, study where you smoke more, where you smoke less, hang more around places you smoke less, and give yourself time to quit, took me around 4 years to do it, quit 11 years ago.

1

Source(s): Cure Acid Reflux http://renditl.info/AcidRefluxUltimateCure

2

Source(s): Holistic Acid Reflux Secrets : http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?IfR

Smoking doesn't cause GERD for most people, so quitting will not help. Get some Prilosec OTC and take it. And keep on smoking if you still enjoy it.

BTW, how much is smoking "a lot"? Most people on here think that 15 cigarettes/day is heavy smoking! I really do smoke a lot - 3 ppd sometimes.

• iuh8ui

The longer you smoke the worse it is so you should quit immediately.

There are a couple of different ways you can quit. You can go cold turkey or you can use quit aids such as nicotine patches or gum.

To keep yourself motivated you should think about why you want to quit (eg for health reasons, to save money, because it's annoying to have to go outside for a smoke etc). Also, inform the people around you of your intention to quit as they will give you encouragement and won't offer you cigarette's.

There is information available to you so that you can increase your chances of quitting successfully. In Australia there is a telephone service call the Quitline which provides smokers with information about how to quit. You should see if there is a similar thing in your area as these sorts of things are really good resources. They can send you out some brochures and give you tips about quitting.

It's great that you want to quit since smoking is associated with a huge number of health problems including a variety of cancers (lung, mouth, throat, bladder), emphysema, bronchitis, pregnancy-related problems, heart disease, stroke and harmful effects on others through passive smoking.

If your attempts to quit are unsuccessful see your GP for further advice and options.

Good luck with it!

Check this natural method to get rid of acid reflux http://acidreflux-cure.info

Usually, heartburnThe most common symptom of acid reflux disease (also known as gastroespohageal reflux disease, or GERD). Heartburn feels like a burning pain in the center of the chest. It is caused by acid from the stomach backing up into the esophagus. is a symptom of acid reflux disease (GERD) Also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Describes the condition of backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus which frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. The symptoms of acid reflux disease typically occur on 2 or more days a week.. And if you suffer from persistent heartburn on two or more days a week—and you’ve treated it and changed your diet—it could be due to acid refluxBackflow of stomach acid into the esophagus. Acid reflux frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. This allows harsh stomach juices to back up into the esophagus. disease. But only your doctor can tell you if these are signs of acid reflux disease.

Wow you shouldn't be that bad i know people who have been smoking for 20 years and dont have that.

But it could be genes, eg bad lungs etc

Just do your best to quit, Skip 2 cigs a day, then increase it to more.

Go to the doctor too So they can help with your acid reflux.

Good Luck!!

Aw, I saw that. =/ There are some people in this world who should never reproduce. I can't believe his dad even game him a cigarette in the first place, damn. I would honestly, let my child throw temper tantrums all day(&night) until he got over this. Can't believe people these days. The poor kid will probably be dead at max. 5 years old if he continues this. His parents are irresponsible, and my mom always said that if you aren't intelligent or mature enough to have children, than don't have children. His parents didn't get the memo.

The symptoms of acid reflux disease typically occur on 2 or more days a week.. And if you suffer from persistent heartburn on two or more days a week—and you’ve treated it and changed your diet—it could be due to acid refluxBackflow of stomach acid into the esophagus. Learn how to get rid of acid reflux and heartburn https://tr.im/acidrefluxnaturally

Acid reflux frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. This allows harsh stomach juices to back up into the esophagus. disease. But only your doctor can tell you if these are signs of acid reflux disease.

i have same thing its like we are twins gerd cough heartburn whezze breathing out all from smokeing my mum smokes two pakes a day she is a train smoker and hs ehas nothing wrong with her