Hoe asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

[英文]paint the whole town red的意

The tourists painted the whole town red.

把整個小鎮塗成紅色?...這有什麼引申意思嗎?

3 Answers

Rating
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

paint the (whole) town red

>> 大肆慶祝; have fun & pleasure; (不一定要喝酒的); 或指當一個人情緒很high時; 放蕩的宴會; 要引起注意時做的事; go wild, go crazy;

e.g.

1. When the handball team won its first major match, the players decided to go out and paint the town red.

When you paint the town red, you …….. .

a) tend to behave like a hooligan(不良少年) after matches

b) rarely succeed in anything worthwhile(不會有任何有價值的事情出現)

c) celebrate an occasion with enthusiasm(熱烈的慶祝)

2. True Colors

The Atlanta Hawks went out of their way to "Paint the Town Red."

Head Coach Mike Woodson wants the Atlanta Hawks be among the hardest working teams in the League. But he also leaves room for his players to have some fun.

Last Sunday Woodson and his Hawks combined work with pleasure as they traded in — or at least covered up — their white home jerseys for aprons and uniforms of different Atlantic Station businesses as part of a promotion called "Paint the Town Red."

The promotion gave Atlantans a unique opportunity to rub elbows with Hawks' players and staff in four locations: Fox Sports Grill, Cold Stone Creamery, Regal Cinemas and Publix.

3. Paint the town red(draw attention)

Red is usually a colour of celebration, but on Wednesday it is also colouring the flag for awareness of the biggest killer of Australian women - heart disease. Dress Red for Women Day is encouraging women to wear, you guessed it, red - either top-to-toe or just a dash - to help draw attention to this issue.

4. Paint The Town Red gift

圖片參考:http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/gpu0033l.jpg

"Whenever there was any excitement or anybody got particularly loud, they always said somebody was 'painting the town red'."

It is sometimes said to come from the US slang use of "paint" to mean "drink", When someone's drunk their face and nose are flushed red, hence the analogy.

2009-02-14 17:25:32 補充:

6. Painting the Town Red on Valentine's Day

Not everybody wants to spend the evening at some stuffy restaurant cooing sweet nothings. Some would rather go out and have a little fun. We've got a list of parties and events going on this Valentine's Day.

2009-02-14 17:26:13 補充:

7. Paint the Town Red

Have not been working for 2 weeks & yet my schedule is fully planned still. I've no idea, this the best answer I can give you. HAHA, nuff said. Yesterday marks the final day of cny, had Reunion dinner w TP & RP Crusaders @ Gaylang. HAHA. that sounds nicer, I supposed.

2009-02-14 17:26:21 補充:

Heh! Thereafter, had Rocher Beancurd! I can assure you diabetes is round the corner if you have it often. Lol. Nevertheless, (we had a great time of fellowship with one another!) (Man, I miss vone's nonsense! )

2009-02-14 17:41:09 補充:

8. 不過女生說: "We went out and painted the town red."時, 指的是: we went out and have some fun. 但當男生說: "We went out and painted the town red." 時, 可能情形不同了, 因為他們會作一些 crazy stuff, like going wild, getting drunk, driving fast, etc.

小小區別...

• a..
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

paint the town red = party, go wild, 大肆慶祝, 痛快的喝酒, get drunk... etc.

• Oh.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

您好:

圖片參考:http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/ugc/rte/smiley_1.gif

The tourists painted the whole town red.

遊客把整個小鎮都漆成紅色

雖然看不太懂這句英文的涵義,但我個人認為可以翻譯成

遊客的到來使整個城鎮充滿春意盎然的風光

不太清楚自己的感受是不是正確的,希望有幫到你才是。

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.