promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do you trust the government to create jobs or you trust the fat cats who want more tax cuts?

The Fat cats they do not think much about the rest of the country like Obama dose. All they care about is how to get most of tax money for free.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Based on this information about one of our largest corporations I think it would be very dangerous to trust the "fat cats" to create jobs.

Do tax cuts for corporations really create jobs?

Why "Tax cuts = Jobs" is a lie: Exxon Mobil

The common refrain from any right-winger is that the only way to create jobs is through tax cuts. Any common observer would agree that corporate tax rates have never been more favorable than during the Bush administration. Of course in addition to those tax cuts, a company would also need to profit to create jobs. What is the most profitable company in the world today? Exxon Mobil. Don't take my word for it. Check out this link.

Top 10 corporate quaterly earnings of all time

1. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2008, 2Q $11.68 billion

2. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2007, 4Q $11.66 billion

3. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2008, 1Q $10.89 billion

4. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2005, 4Q $10.71 billion

5. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2006, 3Q $10.49 billion

6. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2006, 2Q $10.36 billion

7. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2007, 2Q $10.26 billion

8. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2006, 4Q $10.25 billion

9. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2005, 3Q $9.92 billion

10. Exxon Mobil Corp: 2007, 3Q $9.41 billion

Not bad at all. Exxon Mobil must be creating jobs at a record pace. That is what you'd have to believe if you were a right-winger... or brain dead.

I decide to research what Exxon Mobil recorded for regular employees since 1999. I was able to find this information through the SEC filings of Form 10-K for each year.

Form 10-K filings to the FEC for Exxon Mobil

I'll save you browsing through the documents and list the results below. Prepare to be shocked (or not).

1999 106,900

2000 99,600

2001 97,900

2002 92,500

2003 88,300

2004 85,900

2005 83,700

2006 82,100

2007 80,800

There is no information released for 2008 as yet. So despite the best possible corporate tax rates available and despite record profits compared to any company in existence, Exxon Mobil has cut regular jobs EVERY YEAR of the Bush administration. They've cut a total of 26,100 regular jobs during the entire two years Bush was president. almost 25,000 of those before the Democratic party took back control of the house and senate. So anytime some right wingnut says that tax cuts will create jobs, ask them how many jobs Exxon Mobil has created the last 8 years

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Your premise is incorrect: government does no longer create something, in no way jobs. Regardless, much less taxes enables human beings and agencies to speculate greater, purchase greater capital, consume greater, etc etc. And greater of all that fuels interest growth. much less spending ability we prefer much less tax gross sales and/or much less borrowing. too a lot borrowing can weaken our dollar, making the money in our wallet nicely worth much less meaning we prefer greater money to purchase what we've been in a position to previously it have been weakened. there's a hidden "tax" in inflation that hits the midsection and decrease classes the toughest. As for a laissez faire economy, very very few human beings (different than for the purists) want a economy and company climate thoroughly without government involvement. a brilliant variety of persons do prefer the point of government involvement, regulation, intervention, etc, in the economy and on companies to be a great deal decreased with the intention to provide up hampering company and interest growth, and it hampers them a lot! noticeably undesirable once you won't be in a position to discover ANY provider or product in this united states that may not controlled, regulated, approved, inspected, etc. with the help of the federal government, no longer to point an identical with the help of state and local governments. government in any respect tiers is uncontrolled, yet a minimum of on the state and local point they're constitutional. the federal government is honestly previous its constitutional powers in very almost each and every admire.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you opened your own business, would you give your profits to anyone you could help or would you keep your profits? A business is out to profit. Period. It's the downside of capitalism, that we have those who are poor, but the majority are living a very comfortable life. Under Bush's administration it was "terror, terror, terror", now it's "the economy". Also, if you were to do your research, you'd find that our country would benefit with tax cuts. With the stimulas package, some will continue receiving their benefits for x amount of time longer, but in the long run, that money is going to need to be repaid, which means tax hikes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The "Fat Cats" are the ones employing the rest of us. They're fat cats because they found a way to be successful. "Dose" that make sense?

Punish the rich and see what happens, costs are passed on to the consumer, or they say screw it and move to another country or close the company down all together. Not worth the trouble and aggravation.

Fat cats are why you can go to the store and get food, buy a computer, listen to music, and go out for bite.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I really do trust the government more.

There is a certain amount of accountability there.

Fat cats have a lot of money, right?

There is no honest way to make a lot of money.

I can never trust them.

I feel sorry for them.

As soon as we collapse... They become the enemy.

They won't survive when everything is taken from them.

The government will have to protect them...

After how they have treated us for so long. How hard do you think they will try?

We outnumber them 50,000 to 1 now.

• MEL T
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I trust the fat cats to create more jobs that grow the economy. Government jobs do not grow the economy. Further they do not create corporate profit, which is where the vast majority of tax dollars comes from. So it decreases federal income but increased federal cost. It's ...well...stupid.

• 1 decade ago

You should do some homework and learn who built this country. It was not the government but private business and that is where long term jobs are created. This is not a communistic country - yet.

• 1 decade ago

Milking the government?

I'd rather be milking some billionaire!

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Obama is following his own agenda heavy on paying for political debt with the public treasury.

Our country can't afford a spendthrift bill anywhere near this cost, no matter what is in it.

• 1 decade ago

government.....i trust them to create highway & road, water & sewage, state & school jobs.....

All other jobs will go over seas where they continue to flock for cheaper labor with no benefits!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.