Katie asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

A guy asked me why I wore makeup?

He said I didn't need makeup, and I didn't even know what to say, I have acne and it makes me really self-conscious, people usually can't tell I'm wearing it because it's not thick or anything, but I guess I overdid it this time.

What should I say if he asks again? It was just a really uncomfortable question for me to answer for some reason :/

Favorite Answer

I think he didn't mean it in a bad way... He was just trying to tell you that you're naturally pretty. :)

If he asks you again, ask him why he wears deodorant. It's the same idea- He wouldn't be as confident if he didn't think he smelled good. You wouldn't be as confident if you thought that people were staring at your acne. Keep it light hearted though. It's a witty kind of question, not one meant to make him angry. So smile while you're asking it, because it's a pretty valid point.

Tell him the truth - Make Up helps you feel just a little subconsious about yourself. Or tell him, you like it - it makes you feel beautiful and there is nothing better than feeling beautiful!

And don't jump to the conclusion that you overdid it and that's why he asked. Guys don't wear make up and rarely pay attention to details, so in all honesty he could have been refering to your lip gloss, not necessarily your foundation/power.

I doubt that he will ask again. If he does you could say that it's a girl thing he wouldn't understand. Or that you know you don't need to , but you want to. I don't think you need to make it complicated. He could have been giving you a compliment, but you are insecure about your complexion so you got anxious about his statement. I don't have good skin myself and I never go out of the house without makeup on. If someone asked me that question I would just say , because I want to. Besides it is not "my" problem, it is "theirs" if they don't like it. Good luck!

i have been in the same situation, and i wear makeup to cover my acne too.

i usually just tell them i feel more confident with makeup, and that it isnt really a big deal to me.

Ask him why he wants to know. Or ignore him. I have been in that same place and i just said "because I want to"

• Jojo

Well you should say, "It doesn't look like a need it b/c I'm wearing it."

just say that your self concuis about your achne

and i no you have herd it befor

but make up doesnt help.

try creams and stuff otther than make up x

Just say it's what girls do, and it's fun to put on and experiment with!

just tell em its not make up that you're wearing moisturizer because your face is dry because of the winter.

you should say why do you ask, put him on the spot (and make sure you put it on with a light hand)