Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Can I make a homemade ear piercing cleaner?

I want to make something I can just put in a bottle and use with cotton balls. I've been heating up water and dissolving sea salt in it. Can I just put that in a bottle? Does it need to be warm? What should the ratio of sea salt to water be? Any other ingredients?

Favorite Answer

1/4 tsp sea salt in 8 oz of water. It doesn't need to be warm at all times, it just needs to be warm enough when you first make it so that the salt dissolves. If it's sitting in the bottom of your bottle, then it's not gonna do a whole lot of good to your piercing. You could also buy a sterile saline solution from most drugstores. It's more or less the same thing.

Source(s): Pierced and tattooed.

Homemade Ear Cleaner

ya that would work as a piercing cleaning solution many people actually use that method it doesn't have to be warm you just have to make sure all the salt is dissolved and that you are not using table salt. I'm not sure the exact amount you should sue of sea salt but add it until it starts having troubles dissolving it or if it can no longer dissolve it add more water. no other ingredients are needed that will work fine as a cleaning solution.

my body piercer, and a few other shops in the area says 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to 8 oz of water. and yes it needs to be warmer.

Source(s): piercing apprentice