How can one mortgage holder "sometimes" charge a processing fee but the other can not?

Aside from language that may be in either mortgage contract, is there a recent law or Court decision that keeps this from being collected in Ohio? What is it? I live in Ohio. I have a first and second mortgage on my home and I am able to make both payments online. My first mortgage charges a $10.00 fee... show more Aside from language that may be in either mortgage contract, is there a recent law or Court decision that keeps this from being collected in Ohio? What is it?

I live in Ohio. I have a first and second mortgage on my home and I am able to make both payments online. My first mortgage charges a $10.00 fee if I make that payment after the tenth day through their website. My bank does not charge a fee for this transaction. If I transfer this payment from my checking directly to my first mortgage holder, there is no fee any time it is made.
My second mortgage states "There is a $5 fee for this service, as permitted by applicable law". This payment is actually done through western union. My second mortgage holder states they say are not allowed to charge this fee to their customers in Ohio. However, they used to charge a fee but stopped.
Aside from language that may be in either mortgage contract, is there a recent law or Court decision that keeps this from being collected in Ohio? What is it?