2012 solar storm? should we be worried?

i have been making some youtube videos proving that nothing catastrophic will happen in 2012. i have conclusive evidence that nothing will happen relating to pole shifts, meteors, "planet x," or any ancient predictions. one thing that does make me uneasy, though, is the prediction by NASA of an... show more i have been making some youtube videos proving that nothing catastrophic will happen in 2012. i have conclusive evidence that nothing will happen relating to pole shifts, meteors, "planet x," or any ancient predictions.

one thing that does make me uneasy, though, is the prediction by NASA of an upcoming "solar storm" in 2010-2013. According to the NASA website this can potentially knock out all of US power and communication, which would obviously be catastrophic.

I am not an expert on it so i dont have much more to say...I do know that the sun peaks every 11 years and that our magnetic poles are meant to shield us from this stuff, so I would assume that theres nothing to worry about. but the NASA website disagrees so I am a bit nervous.
Update: and to the **** who keeps referring to me as "monkey," 1) your "answer" was incredibly condescending and insulting. 2) you have the logic of a gradeschooler. just because NASA CAN withold information doesnt mean they do. they have told us about every single potential threat to humanity so... show more and to the **** who keeps referring to me as "monkey,"

1) your "answer" was incredibly condescending and insulting.
2) you have the logic of a gradeschooler. just because NASA CAN withold information doesnt mean they do. they have told us about every single potential threat to humanity so far, i dont see why 2012 is any different.

and nasa isnt my only recourse of information. i never once said it was. i said that i like to debunk 2012 theories and this one nasa article was making me uneasy. I get a good amount of info from NASA, and what they dont cover I have gotten from other experts like professors and scholars. Most recently I got my information about pole shifts from the "Cornell University’s astronomy division."

3) i really dont see any reason yet to believe anything will happen. whenever i see one claim that something will i quickly find something from an expert to debunk it. i have yet to see a single theory that holds water.
5 answers 5