Has anyone experienced sharp, stabbing pains on the side of your neck underneath your ear?

I've experienced these episodes for years and they usually go away after a day or two. But when I have them, they limit my activity. The pain comes about every minute and they last for 1-2 seconds each time and radiate from my neck, right under my left ear, to my ear canal and down my neck. I swear I also feel a sensation in my heart when it happens too. Heating pads and ice packs do not work. Sometimes pain medication works but does not totally take the pain away. Any help would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Omg! I always have had that but I can never explain it to anyone! I thought I was abnormal or something! So I'm right there with ya. The only thing I found is that, strangely enough, if I move my jaw around while massaging the area it makes the pain go away quicker. It doesn't make it stop- I don't know what even makes them start! Well, in any manner, good luck and I hope I helped. Hang in there!

Source(s): Personal Experience

There is a possibility you're having an excruciating muscle spasm.

I had several similar episodes where they were so severe, there were times that I would have to go to the Emergency Room because they were that severe.

There is a large chance that it is indeed a muscle spasm. From this, it means that your body is not getting all of its dietary needs. Likely from the lack of sodium. To prevent these episodes, you would need to eat some salty foods such as pretzels or nuts around every other day.

that sounds seriousss u should really see the doctors