what is a good credit card for first time credit card users to get?

people i dont care about ur credit card issues... im asking about a credit card because i actually want one.

i didnt ask bout ur debt problems or to have a debit caard or w.e answer the write question please n thnx

im smart;; im very very good with my money.

Favorite Answer

the gas card is a good suggestion, but you might also visit your local credit union (most people are eligible for at least one) and inquire about establishing a credit card (Visa or Mastercard) account there (be willing to start out with a secured account initially...this is where your credit limit is whatever you put on deposit as a security deposit)

if you discover that you are not eligible for any credit unions in your area, visit your local bank and inquire about the same arrangement

If your trying to build your credit DO NOT GET A DEBIT CARD. Get a secured on unsecured credit card for people with less than perfect credit. Unsecured credit cards build credit faster. You must be responsible like you say you are. Try this website out http://thehorizonnewsletter.com/ There are a few cards to choose from. I suggest the Total or Access Visa. I hope I was able to answer your question.

Debt! You spend more money if you have a credit card, less if you have a debt card and even less if you pay in cash. Cash hurts the most! Check out Dave Ramsey (he has a free podcast) or his website. I like his money outline and advice on how to organize your money so you will not go into debt.

I don't like paying an additional 14-22% on the really great sale item I just bought. Credit cards suck!

Source(s): Life and not understanding credit cards when I was 18. boo.

I would have to say Millennium Bank, orchard card would be a good one to start with, use it for a few months like around 6 months just enough to build a little bit of credit. Then you could apply for a better card that gives you rewards, such as miles cash back and others, check out www.fastcreditcardapprovals.com here you could select a card depending on your credit, plus you are able to compare them side by side

My first credit card was a Texaco Gas card. I'd stay away from department store credit cards initially. I know it isn't "fun" shopping for gasoline, but see how you handle making the payments (in full), each month. If you stay current, it will look good on your credit report.

Debit

dont get an actual credit card.. you will screw yourself over.

Get a debit and only spend what you have in your bank.

good luck

Source(s): personal experience
  • simple

capital one or discover